I Gave Birth 10 Weeks Ago. My Tear Healed Wrong. I Had a Perineorrhaphy to Fix the Tear Site?

Can I have another kid vaginally, or will I get some freakish scar tissue down there since I had to get a 2nd repair done? Why does my perineum look shorter? I read online that sitz baths help, but my doctor told me NO baths for 4 weeks. I wonder why? The original tear & this repair go to the side. That side of my vagina is swollen. Is this normal for now? It's been 6 days since my 2nd repair. It's hard for me to completely poop right now. Is this because I'm still healing or a sign of trouble?

Perineal tear and repair

+1

At 6 days you should still be pretty sore. Remember: the perineum is always lower than your heart so it will hold on to swelling longer than other areas.  Showers should not be a problem at this point.  Wait a few more weeks and see what your doctor says.

Post-op perineorrhaphy

+1

Although a photo is worth a thousand words, it seems as though you are experiencing rather typical post-op recovery and healing for only six days out from surgery.  I would make sure to address these questions with your operating surgeon during your next visit or sooner.  Glad to help...RAS 

Web reference: HTTP://WWW.DRRYANSTANTON.COM