What is the best treatment to get rid of nasolabial folds? (photos)

Been thinking of getting Juvederm for my nasolabial folds. Would one syringe be enough or should I get more? Or even a different filler entirely? Thank you

Nasolabial folds

+2
Nasolabial folds can be softened using fillers. Everyone has them and you do not want to efface them too much.

Nasolabial Folds

+1
Judging from the photo, it looks as though you will be a candidate for 1 syringe of filler. I would encourage a consultation with an experienced injector to obtain an accurate assessment of your face. A consultation will ensure you receive the appropriate treatment.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Juvederm

+1
You look like an ideal candidate for 1 syringe of Juvederm.  I normally recommend Juvederm for the nasolabial folds, I would start off with 1 syringe and you could always add more later.

Kevin Rose, MD
Provo Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm for Nasolabial Folds

+1

Yes, you appear to be young.  Getting 1 cc of Juvederm in this area would probably go a long way.

You may also consider adding a filler to your cheeks.  This also can give a subtle lift to the nasolabial folds.

To see what might be best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have these treatments.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Volumizing Fillers Are An Ideal Treatment For Early Nasolabial Folds (Smile Lines)

+1
These days smile lines, or nasolabial folds, are routinely treated with volumizing fillers, such as Perlane L (that I use in my Upper East Side Manhattan office), which provides excellent lift and does not produce much additional swelling from attracting tissue water to it, as does Juvederm. (In my Israel satellite facility, where a far greater number of regulatory agency approved fillers and volumizers are available, I prefer to use Stylage XXL or Princess Volume.)

The smile lines in the photos provided do not appear to be particularly deep and would likely respond nicely to a half of a syringe for each side. It is important to be sure that NO attempt be made to erase the smile lines entirely (even young children have them) since that could result in a strange-looking appearance that has been termed the expressionless "simian" (monkey-like) look. 

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Nasolabial folds

+1
Looking at your folds I think one syringe would suffice.You should get one and if you are happy you are done and if not you can always come back for a second session.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

What is the best treatment to get rid of nasolabial folds?

+1
Use a HA filler but you may need 2 syringes. But only in person animated examination allows a more definitive response... 

Getting rid of nasolabial folds

+1
Before just answering your question, I feel it is important to ask if getting would adhere folds is indeed your best aesthetic option.  Nasolabial folds often become heavier on account of dropping of structures in the midface.  Sometimes revolumization of the midface gives a more natural appearance

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Best treatment for naso-labial folds

+1
Without seeing your cheeks, it's hard to say if Juvederm is your best bet.  If your cheeks have flattened with age then Voluma in your cheeks may be the best treatment.  If your cheeks are still full and not flat than 1 syringe if Juvederm plus would be how I would probably treat you.
Also, despite the fact that several plastic surgeons answered this question with "see a plastic surgeon", cosmetic dermatologists usually have more experience with fillers than plastic surgeons.  Plastic surgeons can also do a great job, but only if they spend a good amount of their day perfecting their injection technique rather than doing surgery most of the time.  You are also more likely to have their nurse inject you when you go to a plastic surgeons office than have the surgeon do it.  

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Isolated Treatment of Nasolabial Folds

+1
You appear to have minimal nasolabial folds. You sholuld be able to get buy with one syringe by an expert injector. Personally, I would use Radiesse, as it is stronger than Juvederm and lasts amost twice as long.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon