Suggestions for more reasonably priced aftercare applications?
Doctor Answers 9
Top facial creams after a facelift or necklift - Melarase vs. Obagi
Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS
Have a question? Ask a doctor
Skin Care After Facelift
- Expensive moisturizer is a luxury that few if any people need - with or without a face lift.
- A healthy skin - unless exceptionally dry - needs no moisturizer except in cold, dry weather.
- Skin care (tretinoin + glycolic) restores moisture to most skins
- Pond's cold cream, Eucerin or any other moisturizer that your skin tolerates is fine.
- Many people break out from all moisturizers - and cannot use them..
You might also like...
Moisturizer post face
After surgery scar care
As as far as general skin moisturizers, the same problems can exist. The cheaper products seem to cause more problems in patients with sensitive skin, especially on the face and behind the ears.
A good aesthetician will work with his or her surgeon and, in some instances, use a facial product postop depending on the patients skin and how they heal. If there are areas of pigment irregularity, or postoperative melasma, a compounding pharmacy can help by mixing a specific cream containing a hydroquinone, retinoids, and cortisone. Many liquid products contain water as the primary ingredient.
Sometimes, you get what you pay for. Talk to your board certified plastic surgeon in regard to the exact reason you are using that cream and any possible cheaper alternatives.
Moisturizers after facelift
Skin care post facelift
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.