6 weeks post op of Rhinoplasty, my nose tip seems hard and piggish. What is giving the unnatural appearance? (photos)

I had a closed rhinoplasty on may 6th 2014, about 6 weeks ago. A suture technique was used to refine nasal tip, as well as some cartilage removal, albeit what was removed was relatively small according to my doctor. I also had an extremely small bump on bridge remived,and had osteotamies. The tip of my nose, and columella,stil feel hard. According to my doc, the contrast in skin, soft nostrils and hard tip, is causing these indentations. Tip looks piggish. What is giving the unnatural appearance? Swelling or bad rhinoplasty?

Firm nasal tip at 6 weeks

+1
Just early in the post operative recovery period following your rhinoplasty.  Give it more time and it will get better.  It usually takes up to 6 months for the nasal tip to soften up.  

6 weeks post op of Rhinoplasty, my nose tip seems hard and piggish. What is giving the unnatural appearance?

+1
It is always difficult to assess the final result so early in the healing process.

6 weeks post rhinoplasty

+1
6 weeks is extremely early in the healing process after a rhinoplasty.  You still have residual swelling from the rhinoplasty.  The tip area is the last area of the nose to become defined after rhinoplasty.  Tip refinement results may take up to a year after surgery.  You appear to be healing well at this point.   

Anthony Bared, MD
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty results

+1
Dear LarissaStef,

• Your results look normal for 6 weeks
  • The tip usually does come down a couple of millimeters, so just be patient
  • The firmness will also improve, just expect at least 6 months of healing time
  • Please see your surgeon for updates and reassurance, it looks very nice so far

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

+1
ONLY 6 weeks!!! Healing take up to a full year in rhinoplasty surgery. Plus the series of posted photos demonstrates a very very nice early result. Best to discuss in person with your surgeon... 

Tip?

+1
Right now, your nose looks pretty normal for an early post-op rhinoplasty. The tip can take up to a year after closed rhinoplasty to reach its final unchanging state. Be patient and trust your surgeon.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD