16 days post op Brow Lift, when will my forehead relax? (photo)

It's now been 16 days, and my eyes are still not blinking fully or staying fully closed when I relax. As a reminder, I had an endoscopic brow lift (without the skull attachments) and a weakening of the frown muscles. My surgeon is surprised and said that this never happens with only a brow lift. He is sending me to an eye-lid surgeon/eye doctor tomorrow. Meanwhile I am going crazy awaiting the comfort and peace of full-closure and a relaxing of the forehead. When will the release happen?

Postoperative changes following brow lifting affecting eyelid closure.

+1
it is not uncommon for the swelling that is produced by surgery to take several months to resolve.  If your eyelids are not closing well, I agreed that consultation with an oculoplastic surgeon may be of benefit.  It will be easier to determine your prognosis based on an examination performed in person.  Best of luck!

Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

16 days post op Brow Lift, when will my forehead relax?

+1
Sorry for this issue. But over the internet very hard to advise. Best to seek second in person opinions.. 

2 weeks post-op brow lift.

+1
At two weeks you are probably still swollen which will hold the eyelids open,  As all the swelling goes down, the lids should close normally.  Also, you may have some temporary nerve weakness which may decrease the blink action.  This will improve.  Use a lot of artificial tears during the day and ointment at bedtime.  It would be unusual if you had just a browlift that you can't close once the swelling resolves.  Your brow also does not look unusually high.   

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon