Can Botox raise the height of the overall brow on someone with naturally low eyebrows?

I have naturally low eyebrows. I don't have any wrinkles on either my forehead or between my eyes (I'm still in my 20s), but I've heard that small amounts of Botox can lift the eyebrow. I don't want to raise the angle of the brow, just hopefully raise them overall and retain the current shape. Is that possible or would this only work in cases where a wrinkle is causing the eyebrows to appear lower on the face?

#Botox Brow Lift

+2
Botox can be used for a subtle browlift if placed precisely. The key is understanding how the frontalis muscles work with the brow depressors (corrugators, procerus, depressor supercilli) to position the brows. I find one or two units to the depressor supercilli muscles is important as part of this treatment.

Brow Lift with Botox

+1
There are several muscles which depress (lower) the brow, including the orbiculari oculi, the corrugator supercilii, and the procerus. These muscles are commonly treated to soften the crow's feet and the frown lines, respectively. Selective treatment of these muscles will give a subtle overall "lift" to the overall height of the brows (albeit only slightly in some).

David J. Myers, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

+1
Injecting the correct amount of units in the proper area can help raise your eyebrows, I suggest you seek a highly skilled injector, injecting in the wrong area or applying too many units can also cause droopy brows 

Botox for lifting eyebrows

+1
Unfortunately Botox cannot help elevate the overall eyebrow. It would only work to raise the brow laterally, as to slightly lift the corners of the brow. In order to elevate the entire brow, an endoscopic brow lift would be needed.   

Edward J. Gross, MD
Orlando Facial Plastic Surgeon

Achieving a brow-lift during treatment with Botox

+1
There are several muscles which depress (lower) the brow, including the orbiculari oculi, the corrugator supercilii, and the procerus.  These muscles are commonly treated to soften the crow's feet and the frown lines, respectively.  Selective treatment of these muscles will "lift" the overall height of the brows.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Raise thwe brow

+1
From your comments it seems as though you have ptosius or sagging of your entire brow and if that is the case botox would be a waste.I would go to your plastic surgeon and have him evaluate you. 

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Botox BrowLift

+1
Yes Botox can be used to raised the brow slightly if injected in the proper locations.  However, if the forehead is injected, typically the middle brow will lower and the lateral brow will raise.  I suggested seeking an expert if you are looking for browshaping/contouring.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox to raise the eyebrows

+1
Please see a qualified physician to discuss this issue.  A proper examination and discussion of all treatment options should occur.

Botox injected slightly below an eyebrow can, in some cases, result in mild elevation of the brows.

Timothy Connall, MD

Botox to lift eyebrows

+1
Botox can be used to lift your eyebrows.  This requires a skilled injector. I recommend that you consult a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist.  Happy 4th!

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Botox for eyebrows

+1
The key to the usefulness of botox for the eyebrows is understanding the action of the different muscles and their effect on eyebrow placement.  It can be placed to raise the brow overall, but requires careful judgement on the part of the injector.  This use of botox is considered off-label and requires increased expertise from the injector.

Roxanne Sylora, MD