Deciding Between Moderate Plus & High Profile Saline Implants?

I am still back and forth on Moderate Plus & High Profile Saline Implants. My doctor stated that I am a large A, small B cup by his measurements. I want to get 350cc and overfill to 385-400. I have an 11" breast measurement from the side of my left to the side of my right breast, 7" from nipple to nipple,1.5-2" between breasts & collar bone to my nipple is 7". I am 29 yrs old, 125 pounds, 5'5". I really don't want my breasts looking pointy. I want them round and full.

High Profile vs. Moderate Profile Implants

+2

It seems that in the size implants you desire, a high profile implant will give you a width that fits you. The width of the implant is very important in determining the right space between the implants. Also the width of the implant determines how far out to the sides the implant will be. For the same width of implant, a high profile implant is about 100cc's larger than a midrange implant. In my office, we use vectra 3 dimensional computer imaging to visualize what each profile and size of implant will look on your body. I find that the 3d imaging helps make patients feel much more comfortable with the chosen size.

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
For narrow people you are kind of stuck using high profile to get more volume but I find this can give a bit of a boxy look so be careful and dont go too big

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Implant size selection

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning

2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Implant profile selection

+1

Your plastic surgeon will do his best to get you the result that you desire.  Picking implant sizes can be a daunting challenge for the patient but an experienced plastic surgeon should be your most valuable tool.  For every choice there is a pro and con. This is an operation that you want to do once, do right and not have to do it over again.  All of the implants that you have selected are in the objective range for your body shape.  It becomes a matter of preference at this point as to the size.  50 cc difference will not make an incredible difference one way or the other.

Implant profile irrelevant, lift ESSENTIAL

+1

The goal of breast surgery is to create beautiful breasts.  Beauty is determined by several factors including symmetry, skin tone, position of breast on the chest wall, position of areola, cleavage, shape and least of all volume.  The retro-pectoral position produces the most natural feel and appearance and has the least incidences of capsular contracture.  In the retro-pectoral position,  the profile of the implant is not important because the muscle compresses it.  In terms of size, you unfortunately have not given us your bra size but you say you are a small B.  If you are size 32 or 34 each 100 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  If you are size 36 or 38 each 200 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  A 400 cc implant would increase your size by 2 to 4 cups.  That may be more than you desire and may not give you the round, full appearance but a more artificial look.  Of equal importance is modifying the shape of your breast, elevating them higher on the chest wall to create upper pole fullness and moving them more medial to increase your cleavage.  With this technique, it is possible to use a smaller implant to achieve the desired result.  You may be a candidate for a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Moderate Plus & High Profile Saline

+1

From the measurements you report, the breast width of 11 cm (I doubt you really meant 11 inches), I would have to suggest a high profile implant. I try to limit the width of the implant to the width of the native breast as one of several strategies to maintain a natural look. At you petite size, I might otherwise prefer the moderate plus profile, but would suggest a smaller implant in that case.

I would also suggest that you at least consider silicone. Given your start size and the size of the implants you are considering, the difference in the feel of the breasts with silicone is better than with saline.

Thanks for your question, best wishes. 

Which is better moderate plus or high profile saline implants?

+1

Which is better moderate plus or high profile saline breast implants?

First of all, I prefer silicone gel breast implants over saline breast implants as gel feel and look more natural.  

Generally speaking a moderate plus breast implant is my preference as it results in a more natural-looking breast.  The high profile breast implants tends to look unnatural, much like a cone, particularly if the volume is large.

For a round and full look you will be better off with the high profile implant.  I also suggest that you consider having a silicone gel breast implant rather than saline breast implants.

Fredrick A. Valauri, MD

Implant profile and breast appearance.

+1

The moderate plus implants create a very full look without looking too "fake." High profile saline implants, particularly in smaller breasted women can create that augmented look which can appear "pointy." Assuming you meant that your breast width was 11cm, not 11 inches, for the volume you want you may have to go with a higher profile implant due to width restrictions in the breast to prevent the implants from being too wide.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Diifferent Look with Different Implants

+1

You seem to be slender with small breast and desire a moderately large size augmentation.  With less soft tissue padding and breast tissue to camouflage the implant, the dimensions and overall shape of the implant is more important.  A high profile saline implant tends to be more narrow and to project quite a bit, which might tend to look to pointy in your case.  If you do desire a fuller, rounder look, then the moderate plus implant should be better suited to your needs.  The wider the implant, the more rounded and fuller overall the look.

Richard G. Schwartz, MD

Moderate plus profile is most common and likely to be satisfactory for your desires.

+1

I prefer the moderate-plus style for saline implants because I think the high profile saline imlpants can look a litte too much like a torpedo (I think the high-profile silicone gel implants have less of this look and I use them from time to time).  The high profile implants are useful if you have a narrow chest and want lots of projection.  Otherwise, stick with the moderate plus profile.  Also, look at before and after photos.  I've attached a link to this part of my website.

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon