Getting Breast Implants, Will I Need a Lift? (photo)

I am 19 years old (36C sometimes B, want to be a full D) and I have never had children but my breasts have always seemed "empty." To avoid the scarring and extra costs associated with a lift, I was hoping implants would improve the appearance of my breasts. Is a lift completely necessary or can improvement be achieved with implants?

Lift or not to lift.

+1

Given the photos and the position of your areolas, you would benefit from a lift at the time of the augmentation. Lowering of the inframammary fold may help to a degree, however a lift is recommended for adequate nipple position over the implant.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Implants alone are not enough

+1

You are an excellent candidate for a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Through the same incision, an implant can be placed.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall gives maximum anterior projection with a minimal size implant.  At size 36 C, you will only need 200 cc implants to become a full D.  Smaller implants are more stable long term, feel and look more natural, are less likely to ripple or have complications that need revision.      

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation vs. breast lift

+1

Your posted photos show that your nipples point downward toward the floor and on a front view the skin below the nipple complex is not visible. That would not be corrected by just making the breast larger with an implant, which would likely make it worse. Removing a crescent of skin and a sliver of breast tissue just above the nipple complex would do wonders to change the shape and orientation of your breasts with or without an implant.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD

Please take a look some lines down to improve your decision

+1

please  check at google mastopexy augmentation 5th generation technique  and you will realize of this :

this fantastic modern technique  has many  advantages over another breasts lift augmentation a.- do not  fall down again b.- any viscible scar except on upper areola tissues d.-do not  affect sensibility  and  future lactancy and best of  whole  prevents Breasts cancer eliminating the upper external breast gland quadrants to fill the empty breasts with a  small anatomical implant

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Implants don't raise your nipples

+1

One of the biggest misconceptions I face with my breast augmentation patients is the perception that "filling out" the breasts with implants will improve sagging. One of the main components of breast sagging (ptosis) is nipple position.  Your nipples are below your breast crease (inframammary fold) and they point downward.  Implants alone will not fix this.  In fact, in your case a breast augmentation without a lift may worsen the appearance of your breasts. An augmentation mastopexy (breast lift with implants) will fix the sagging, elevate your nipples and increase the volume (size) of your breasts.  I always warn my breast lift patients who have not had children yet that there is no predicting the effect of a future pregnancy on the appearance of your breasts.  It is possible that you may desire another lift after pregnancy.  You should also consider your feelings about breastfeeding.  While plenty of women are able to successfully nurse a child after breast surgery, it is possible that the surgery could negatively affect your ability to breastfeed.

Andrew Jimerson, MD

Lift?

+1

You need a lift with or without implants.  Your nipples are well below the inframmary fold.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

+1

Based upon the posted photos you need a breast lifting operation. Best to obtain IN OERSON examinations from boarded PSs in your city. 

Is a breast lift needed?

+1

Thank you for your question and photos.  The short answer is yes, you will need a lift to provide the best aesthetic result.  Implants alone will not lift the nipple and areola and you will be left with low set nipples.  You always have the option of undergoing placement of the implants first and see what your results are, but with your nipple being below the bottom border of the breast (inframammary fold), this will not be raised with implants alone.  If you are not satisfied with the appearance of the breasts, a lift can then be done a few months later. 

Hope that helps.

Good luck.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

When your nipples point down, you need a breast lift. Vertical technique is best.

+1

Your concerns about scarring are understandable.  However, you need a breast lift.  If you have implants alone, your nipples will still be too low and you will have what is called the "Snoopy" deformity.  The good news is that a vertical breast lift minimizes the scarring.  The long horizontal "anchor" scar used in the past is unnecessary.  A side benefit is that your areola size may be reduced.  It is a little large right now.  Have a look at the breast lift section of my website if you like.  I've attached a link.  Remember that there are many different breast lift techniques and they are not all equal by any means.  Be very picky.  I have a rule of 10.  If you see a set of 10 before and after photos that would be acceptable to you, that is a very good sign you will be satisfied too.  Also, most plastic surgeons discount the price when you have combined implants and a lift.  In my practice, the total cost with the anesthesia and surgery center is $7600.

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift will probably be required for good result along with augmentation.

+1

It looks as though the nipple and areola complexes below the infra mammary fold. Only extremely large implants will be able to camouflage this. With more customary sizes I think mastopexy will be necessary.