Getting Breast Implants, Will I Need a Lift? (photo)

I am 19 years old (36C sometimes B, want to be a full D) and I have never had children but my breasts have always seemed "empty." To avoid the scarring and extra costs associated with a lift, I was hoping implants would improve the appearance of my breasts. Is a lift completely necessary or can improvement be achieved with implants?

May not need lift

This is what I do to maximize lift with a breast implant alone:

- use silicone cohesive gel implants. The more cohesive the better. I am not sure if these are available yet in the US, but the Allergan Inspira Truform 2 implants are ideal

- use high profile implants. The more projection you have, the more lift you will get

- have the implants placed in the submammary pocket (under the breast itself). You should have a pinch thickness at the top of your breast of at least 2 cm

However looking at your photos, you probably would benefit from a lift as well.

362 Fairlawn Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5M 1T6

Lift or not to lift.

Given the photos and the position of your areolas, you would benefit from a lift at the time of the augmentation. Lowering of the inframammary fold may help to a degree, however a lift is recommended for adequate nipple position over the implant.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

660 Glades Road
Boca Raton, FL 33431

Implants alone are not enough

You are an excellent candidate for a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Through the same incision, an implant can be placed.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall gives maximum anterior projection with a minimal size implant.  At size 36 C, you will only need 200 cc implants to become a full D.  Smaller implants are more stable long term, feel and look more natural, are less likely to ripple or have complications that need revision.      

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

14887 Southwest Freeway
Sugar Land, TX 77478

Breast augmentation vs. breast lift

Your posted photos show that your nipples point downward toward the floor and on a front view the skin below the nipple complex is not visible. That would not be corrected by just making the breast larger with an implant, which would likely make it worse. Removing a crescent of skin and a sliver of breast tissue just above the nipple complex would do wonders to change the shape and orientation of your breasts with or without an implant.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD

120 South Spalding
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Please take a look some lines down to improve your decision

please  check at google mastopexy augmentation 5th generation technique  and you will realize of this :

this fantastic modern technique  has many  advantages over another breasts lift augmentation a.- do not  fall down again b.- any viscible scar except on upper areola tissues d.-do not  affect sensibility  and  future lactancy and best of  whole  prevents Breasts cancer eliminating the upper external breast gland quadrants to fill the empty breasts with a  small anatomical implant

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Calle 54 No. 365 T