After Getting a Breast Lift, How Much Weight Can I Loose and Still Maintain the Surgery Results?

Losing Weight after a Breast Lift Affecting Results

+1

I would concur that anything above 20 lbs tends to affect the results in a detrimental fashion.  This has some variability as a 20 lb weight loss in a 220 lb woman may have less of an effect than a 20 lb weight loss in a 120 lb woman.

Weight loss and maintaining breast shape

+1

There is not defined weight loss that will determine if the breasts deflate it is a combination fo factors including your fat/breast tissue ratio of the breast.  If I had to guess, I would say that if you lost 15-20 pounds or more, it may impact your overall breast shape.

Weight loss and mastopexy.

+1

The answer to this question depends entirely on your body habitus and amount of breast fat present. Typically, the nipple position stays the same, but the breast tends to "deflate" with significant weight loss. This can lead to a flat, wide appearing breast. Unfortunately, without photos or an exam, it is impossible to give you any more specific information.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss and mastopexy

+1

I would encourage you to loose weight before the procedure.  The shape of your breasts after a mastopexy may change significantly after weight loss.   You may even need to consider the use of implants depending on how much weight you are considering loosing.

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Weigth loss post lift

+1

This is tough since every patient is different.Weight loss will vary from patient to patient.Are you going to lose 5 lbs or 40? This will make a diffrence,

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

How Much Weight Can I Lose after Breast Lifting?

+1

The answer to your question will vary from one patient to another (depending on factors such as quality of breast skin elasticity), but (generally speaking)  I suggest that patients be within 10 pounds of their long-term stable weight prior to undergoing elective breast surgery.

Weight loss breast size, mastopexy and breast lift

+1

weight loss can significantly affect breast size , shape and contour in some women.

your past experience with weight changes and your own breasts is the best indicator

Breast lift and weight loss

+1

A breast lift gives you a permanent change. It doesn't change your breast size.

If your breasts easily lose and gain weight - that still happens after a lift.

If your breasts don't change when your weight does - that's how things are after your lift.

But if you plan to lose a lot of weight - for instance more than 30 pounds, your breast will get smaller and the lift looser. If that happens, you can either have an implant to fill out your breasts or a little 'tuck' to tighten the skin.

Hope this helps!

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

How Much Weight Can I Loose and Still Maintain the Surgery Results?

+1

Good and appropriate question, but without a photo and some idea of your height and weight, I would not hazard a guess. Please consider adding some more information.