Am I a Good Candidate for a Breast Reduction? (photo)

I am 19 years old.5'8.145 pounds.size 36ddd(maybe bigger) .my breasts have been a struggle for as long as i can remember,i dont think theyve ever been small! they are very heavy and have caused me back pain in my lower back and in the area between my shoulder blades, i have shoulder grooves from my bra straps, my shoulders are often sore, i have poor posture, difficulty with clothes and bra shopping(i used to wear 2),and i would like to start becoming more active but feel limited by my breasts.

Ultimate Breast Reduction provides internal bra support

+1

Breast reductions are coved by insurance companies based on 2 criteria.  First, you must have symptoms related to the large breasts such as neck, back and shoulder pain or rashes.  Second, you must have the volume removed to meet the requirements of the insurance carrier.  Your photographs show large breasts but certainly not massive breasts that I have seen in other patients.  Your greatest problem is the ptosis or hanging of your breasts.  You would benefit from a lift with minimal reduction.  The biggest complaint after breast reduction surgery is over reduction.  To take you down from a 36 DDD to about a D, would be approximately 400 cc breast reduction.  Often, insurance companies will not cover reductions this small and you may have to pay for it yourself.  I recommend a new technique called The Ultimate Breast Reduction.  This technique reshapes your breast, elevates it higher on the chest wall and increases your cleavage.  The other advantage of this technique is the internal bra provides support even if you gain or lose weight in the future.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.fastcodesign.com/1663319/how-one-surgeon-is-reinventing-the-female-breast-sfw

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for Breast Reduction

+1

Based on your photos and your description of symptoms, you are definitely a candidate for a breast reduction.

Reducing the size and weight of the breasts will make a huge difference in your posture,  back and shoulder pain. Exercise will become easier and much more enjoyable!

Thank you for your question and photos. Good luck with your future surgery!

Gregory C. Park, M.D.

Breast reduction

+1

I think you would be a good candidate for a breast reduction.You can make your breasts smaller and reshape them as well.

Web reference: http://beautybybrueck.com

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction Can Help

+1

Your photos prove that your various discomforts and difficulty with clothes and exercise are surely due to the extremely large size of your breasts, and all of this can be significantly relieved by a breast reduction.  You could be reduced a whatever bra/breast size you desired, and the scars would either be a circular scar around the areola and then straight down to the fold under the breast (the vertical or lollipop technique) or that plus a long, curved scar in the fold under the breast (the inverted T or anchor technique).  The surgery requires general anesthesia, is peformed as an outpatient, and the recovery is not that uncomfortable.  Almost all patients are very satisfied with a breast reduction and so happy to have relief from their symptoms of large breasts.

Web reference: http://www.pbplasticsurgery.com

Breast Reduction

+1

Yes.  The result would reduce the size of your breasts, reduce the areola size, and elevate the nipple position.  The scars will be around the areola and vertically down to the inframammary fold.  

Web reference: http://thomassenplasticsurgery.com

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction?

+1
You are an excellent candidate for breast reduction based on the photos. The operation has an extremely high satisfaction rate and can be a life changer, particularly in regard to the ability to exercise and to stay in shape. See a board certified plastic surgeon who can determine whether your health insurance might cover the operation.

Breast Reduction Candidate?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Based on your description you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery. It is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

By removing “excess” breast tissue, adipose tissue, and breast skin  this operation reduces and lifts the breasts to a higher position on the chest wall. By doing so, patients often find improvement in neck, back, and shoulder discomfort and find it easier to form their activities of daily living and exercise.

Timing of the operation will depend on the patient's life circumstances. In general, it is best to do this procedure ( like all other elective body contouring the stages,  when patients have reached their long-term stable weights.  In doing so, improve the safety of the procedure and minimizes the need for further surgery ( in the event of weight gain/loss after the breast reduction procedure).

The best way to obtain insurance coverage for breast reduction surgery involves some “hoops” to jump through. The more documentation you have (for example, from your primary care doctor, physical therapist, chiropractor etc.) the better when it comes to obtaining insurance “authorization” for the procedure.
This documentation and letter/pictures from your plastic surgeon will help you obtain authorization.  Prepare to be persistent when dealing with insurance companies and the authorization process.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastReduction.htm

Ideal Candidate for Breast Reduction

+1

Yes! You are a great candidate for a breast reduction. The symptoms of back pain, shoulder grooving as well as rashes underneath the breast will be alleviated. Clearly to achieve a reduction further incisions need to be placed on the breast, so you must be aware of that. If you also plan to loose any substantial amount of weight I would do that before proceding with surgery. Good Luck and I hope this helps.

You are an Ideal candidate for a Reduction Mammoplasty

+1

From all that you have described you are an excellent candidate for a reduction mammoplasty. This will not only reduce the size of your breast but also reshape and lift them. I would seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience with this procedure. Ask to see before and after photos. Their office should be able to do the paper work to get you approved with your insurance company. The most common complaint I get about this operation is that "I wish I had done it sooner".

Breast reduction improves quality of life

+1

You would clearly benefit from a breast reduction, both in terms of your symptoms of back/shoulder pain and limitation of activities, and appearance.  Women do not favor large areolae and down-pointing nipples.  Today, the technique has been improved so there is less scarring and a better breast shape.  This is called the vertical technique.  There is no horizontal scar.  I've attacherd a link to this section of my website so you can read more and look at before and after photos.  Not everybody understands how bad it is to have very large breasts.  You may feel like your life has changed after surgery.  The benefit in quality of life is often dramatic.  You are young, and you should not be so encumbered.

Web reference: http://www.swansoncenter.com/content/ideal-breast/procedures/breast-reduction/patient-photographs.asp

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.