I'm 26 yo and have suffered with mild acne since junior high. Retin A, to use or not to use?

I'm 26 yo and have suffered with mild acne since junior high. I get a cystic acne bump a couple of times a year as well. I had one pop up a week ago and they always take weeks to go away. I can't get in to see the local dermatologist till November. A skincare office recommended tretinoin 0.1 cream and a different office said I was too young to use it and it would cause blood vessels to break etc etc. and they prescribed spironolactone. I don't know who to go with...I use the skinceuticals line too.

Acne you should follow the advice of a dermatologist

+1
For acne you should follow the advice of a dermatologist who is knowledgable about the treatment of acne.  Both Retin - A and Spironolactone are treatments for acne.  The response can vary from patient to patient.