Im a Flooring Contructor Seeking to Have a Calf Implant on my Right Leg from a Fix Clubfoot Yrs Ago?

my concern ...we are on our knees all the time and uses knee pads it might move my silicon..?

Calf implants

+1
  1. Calf implants hurt -
  2. You need two weeks of complete rest, no work,
  3. 3 weeks before you start work,
  4. Another 3 more weeks to fully recover,
  5. Support hose for a month after you return to work,
  6. Implants cause swelling when you stand and sit,
  7. if most of your work is on your knees, chances are you will be fine.

+1

You will need at least a few weeks away from any strenuous work. You do not want to have issues with the incision opening or the implant extruding.

Calf Implant for Club Foot

+1

In fact, calf implants are about the only thing able to reliably augment the calf muscles of Club Foot.  Because it is difficult to walk and be up on your feet much for the first two weeks, you may need to take 2 - 3 weeks off of work.  Provided the surgery is performed correctly by an experienced surgeon, once you are recovered and your surgeon allows you to return to work, you should be in the relative safe zone from implant movement and/or migration.  Glad to help... 

Ryan Stanton, MD

Calf Implant in Club Foot

+1

Club foot is one of the most common reasons to have a calf implant done. The issue after surgery, when you are healed, is not the constant bending and being on your knees. It is the recovery period to get to that point. Fortunately you would be only having one calf done so your recovery will be quicker. But it will still take a few weeks before you could do that type of strenuous work.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD