Flight and Travel Plan for Boob Job - Safe or Unsafe?

Im 21, living in Vietnam, traveling to Thailand on the 25th December, flight time 2 hours. Having breast implant surgery 26th Dec in the afternoon (about 300cc overs) to take me from A cup to C cup and a little bit of liposuction under the chin. 2 weeks later I will fly back to Hanoi, then 2 days after that I will fly back to England (Flight 10 hours - 3 hour stop then flight 2 - 4 hours).my health is good, is this enough time? Im fully aware that I will have to travel back for any complications

Medical tourism

+1

In general, it is always best to avoid travel for surgery unless you plan on staying in that country for an extended period of time.  If you have a problem, how is it going to be handled?

Air travel after breast augmentation

+1

You can travel after breast augmentation. Just make sure that you get up and walk around every two hours to prevent the development of clots in your legs. Also, it is a good idea to stay close enough to have follow up with your surgeon who performed the surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Wait 10-14 days before Air Travel after Breast Augmentation of Plastic Surgery

+1

A 10-14 day wait before Air Travel is generally recommended after Breast Augmentation or Plastic Surgery.

The risk is Blood C;lots in the legs and Pulmonary Embolism. Certainly if you have calf pain after surgery you should see your doctor and not fly.

It is also a good idea to wear compressive leg stockings to prevent stasis of blood in the leg veins during flight.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

+1

Two weeks should be plenty of time for the procedures that you mentioned. And for any long flight, every 2 hours or so try and get up and move a bit!

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

+1

Sounds like an acceptable plan and you seem very realistic in your possible outcomes and postop issues. Good luck. 

DVT precautions for post op flight plans

+1

Great question. Try to get an isle seat in order to get up and walk around in plane without too much fuss. Follow the before mentioned precautions and you should be fine. Walk as much as you can in airport during lay overs. Best wishes, Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Flying after Surgery

+1

Most likely you will be fine with your plans for flying,  assuming you take the precautions that Dr. Schuster mentioned.

Be careful about your decision about going with sub glandular breast implants;  make sure you are well educated about the potential risks/ complications associated with the different breast implant positioning.

Flying after breast surgery

+1

The travel plans you describe should be fine. i would recommend staying very well hydrated - drink a lot both before and during the flight. Also, you should get up and walk around a bit during the flight, about every hour. These steps should help to reduce risks of DVT. Finally, don't wear anything tight. That's it.

Ronald Schuster, MD