What is a Fleur Di Lis Tummy Tuck?

What is a Fleur de Lis Tummy Tuck?

+1

Fleur de Lis Tummy Tuck removes skin and tissue from both the horizontal and vertical dimensions.  This will give you both vertical and horizontal scars.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Fleur De Lis Tummy Tuck

+1

A tummy tuck is designed to remove extra skin in the vertical direction with a scar that is hidden in the bikini line.  For the rare patient who has lost a very large amount of weight, there can be extra skin the horizontal direction as well.  For these patients, a fleur de lis tummy tuck can remove extra skin in this dimension. The scar that results is a giant T with a vertical scar in the midline and the traditional bikini line incision as well.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Fleur Di Lis Tummy Tuck

+1

This is a TT that removes excess skin and fat in the vertical and horizontal directions, and results in a long midline vertical incision, and a low horizontal incision. It is advised primarily for patients following massive weight loss. In those patients, doing a traditional TT may leave too much excess in the horizontal direction.

Thanks for your question, best wishes. 

Fleur De Lis Tummy Tuck

+1

A fleur de lis tummy tuck is a procedure that removes skin and tissue in both a horizontal and a vertical direction.  It requires a vertical midline scar (which goes from the upper to the lower abdomen) in addition to the standard horizontal scar.  The advantage of this procedure is that it allows for additional contouring, especially in the waistline and upper abdominal areas.  The disadvantage is that it adds a visible scar which run opposite to the skin creases, making it difficult to camouflage.  

Mark Schwartz, MD

What is a Fleur Di Lis Tummy Tuck?

+1

This type of tummy tuck takes its name from the shape of tissue removed and results in a scar that is both vertical in the midline and horizontal across the lower abdomen.

I reserve this type of operation for bariatric patients with significant laxity in the upper tummy, particularly if there is an existing scar in that location. It makes a tremendous difference in the overall contour of the abdomen if it is indicated. 

I have tried to get by without doing it in several cases, and the patients generally come back to have me finish the case.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Types of Tummy Tuck

+1

A fleur de lis tummy tuck removes extra skin from the lower and central part of the abdomen. It provides tightening in the vertical and the horizontal direction. Unfortunately it results in a vertical scar from the top of your abdomen to the pubic region as well as a more hidden horizontal scar that usually runs from hip to hip along the bikini line. It's an excellent way to tailor the skin to fit the frame. 

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

What is a fleur di lis tummy tuck

+1

Basically it is the resultant scar after a tummy tuck that looks like the fleur di lis or mercedes emblem scar. I try not to perform it as I do not like the resultant scar but a number of surgeons prefer it after bariatric surgery and extreme weight loss to get additional tightening they feel. I do not. so you end up with a scar down by the pubic hair region and straight up the middle of your tummy towards and above your belly button.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon