Fleur De Lys After a Full Tummy Tuck and Massive Weight Loss?

I had a 360 tummy tuck done; wanted to stay away from the fleur de lis due to scarring said surgeon. To find out 1 yr out now I need to have it done due to poor skin. i was 400 pounds, lost to 185 then had a baby and went to 260 and was 218 before surgery and went to 208 after surgery. now I am 226. Skin is not fun it hangs.

Wanted to know if everyone thinks it is an okay safe surgery to have; will be beneficial or thoughts on this? Scared and need to know.

Bariatric plastic surgery body contouring

+2

I am sure that you want to "finish your journey" and remove and contour your body. Most of these procedures can be done as an outpatient and if you already have the scars, it should not result in more scars. Go to www.ASBPS.org, the organization (American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons) that I founded and am president of for plastic surgeons in your area.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Repeat tummy tuck

+1

Hi there-

From the photo you posted, it does appear that you would benefit from another abdominoplasty.

The technique would depend on your goals, your surgeon's preferences and experience, and your desired experience.

It is important in cases like yours to be aware that while another procedure will improve the quantity of skin present, the QUALITY of the skin that remains after the surgery will still be relatively poor because of your history of significant weight changes.

Good luck- I wish you the best!

Armando Soto, MD

Revision tummy tuck. What to do differently the second time

+1

It sounds like you have had a lot go on since your first surgery. Weight loss and pregnancy can definitely be the impetus for revision body contouring. I would recommend a different area of excision such as a vertical abdominal excisional procedure. Your skin on your abdomen has already been primed with your first procedure so it should be safe and a vertical excision will remove the central abdominal skin it appears you have. It does require a midline abdominal scar, but the results should be fantastic.

I hope this helps and make sure your weight is stable before your procedure.

Dr. Trussler

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

Redundant skin after 360

+1

I am not exactly sure of your procedures, timelines, etc.

Also, it looks like you have a long midline scar.

My advice, be sure you are healthy, weight is stable, blood work is good, good nutrition, and done with having children. Seek several qualified plastic surgeons with a LOT of experience with massive weight loss patients.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Fleur de lis a good procedure

+1

The first thing that comes to mind when I read your question is that you need a period of stable weight. This usually over a period of one year. Secondly, most women wait for this procedure until after they have finished bearing children. To answer your question based on your picture a Fleur-de-Lis abdominoplasty would be beneficial. This procedure removes excess skin in two different directions and is more common in people who have had significant weight loss. The trade off is vertical scar in addition to the horizontal scar. The ultimate goal is an improved contour in clothing.

Visit with a couple board certified plastic surgeons for an opinion after a full exam.

Good luck.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Fleur de Lys tummy tuck good after big weight loss.

+1

Hi.

This operation is of special interest to me and I have written about it. A tummy tuck that removes skin both vertically and horizontally should make you a lot flatter. Our patients accept the scars very well (even though sometimes the scars are not good) because they are so happy with their improved contour.

And congratulations on going from 400 pounds to 226 pounds!!

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Fleur De Lys after a full tummy tuck and massive weight loss

+1

I agree you need the "Fleur de Lys" Tummy Tuck ONLY in a hospital with good care. You are a risk after having the first with weight gain and an additional pregnancy.

Be careful from MIAMI Dr. B

Re-Do Tummy Tuck After Large Weight Loss

+1

Several comments.
1. At 226 pounds you are still far from an ideal candidate for a body contouring procedure. You would get a vastly superior cosmetic result if your your weight was stable and your BMI was below 25.

2. I assume the photo provided was your ORIGINAL pre-"360 Tummy Tuck" photo. It would have been extremely useful to have seen both this photo and the way you look today to be able to advise you.

3. "I need to have it done due to poor skin" - This is extremely common. Unfortunately, damaged skin does not regenerate and even well-done tummy tucks may "give" and become loose due to poor skin tone. This makes it even more important to time the operation to when you achieved the most weight loss / achieved a stable weight and preferably reached a BMI under 25, if possible.

4. Re-do Tummy Tucks are more complicated than the first tummy tucks. As long as all risk factors are addressed though you should do fine.

To read everything you need to know about POST-WEIGHT LOSS BODY CONTOURING SURGERY, follow the link below -

Dr. P. Aldea

Fleur-de-Lis abdominoplasty (Vertical & Horizontal) for recurrent weight gain and loss

+1

I assue the picture is before the 360 tummy tuck because I do not see the scar. However, if it is after, then you appear to be an excellent scar former. In this instance, and given the appearanceof the abdomen in the photo, I believe a Feur-de-Lis incision is a reasonable operation to reduce both vertical and horizontal cutaneous redundancy.

Repeat tummy tuck

+1

You do need a repeat tummy tuck with a vertical and a horizontal scar. Your weight instability is always going to take the result apart unless you get this under control. Also you need to understand that your sin elasticity will never be strong so even if all of the extra skin is removed, the remianing skin will still wiggle easily.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS