Fleshy Saggy Cheeks At Age 30? (photo)

I just turned 30 this year, but my fleshy cheeks are sagging causing the Nasolabial fold. My doctor advised permanent filler, but i am concern about the risks. What would be the best procedure for me to have a natural lifted look? Is fat dissolving injection good to achieve a younger face? Please advise.

Sagging cheeks

+1

It is not easy to give you an educated answer without all the facts. That is important. If it is just a volume issue then fat grafting can be done and there is no scars or incisions. You could also consider a cheek implant, but a physical exam is best to decide. My best advice is to visit with a board certified plastic surgeon who will truly access your issues and give you an honest opinion vs the opinion you want to hear.

Radiesse for Saggy Cheeks

+1

If you do not want a permanent filler, I would advise Radiesse as the best option. This filler will last around 12-18 months

Radiesse is made of calcium hydroxyapatite particles suspended in a gel. These microspheres allow it to offer structural support. Therefore, it is quite ideal for sagging areas.

Additionally, it can also offer the firmness and support for very natural looking cheek lifts as well.

If you are mostly concerned with the nasolabial area, here is a patient video with before and after images.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers For Sagging

+1

I would not advise fat melting, and would instead suggest that you inquire about trying temporary fillers to see how it looks. Your face needs to be reshaped to create a pleasing look, and fillers do a wonderful job at this by replacing lost volume.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Facial fat dissolving injection

+1

It is a terrible idea to remove fat from the face.  Losing facial fat will make some one look older.  Look at children, their faces are round and full so clearly it is a key to youth.  Facial aging generally involves fat atrophy and descent.  The descended fat should be repositioned not removed.  The idea of using a fat dissolving agent in the face is not a good idea under almost any normal circumstance such as yours.

Chad K. Wheeler, MD
Spokane Plastic Surgeon

Sagging cheeks

+1

You may be a candidate for a mini facelift, and fillers.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, certified by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) to determine your needs.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Sagging cheeks at age 30

+1

It is best to only correct the nasolabial folds with a filler substance such as Restylane or Juvederm.  This is the best material for patient safety and we do not recommend anything permanent other than fascia grafts, which are usually performed at the same time as the facelift.

Saggy Cheeks

+1

The Mid-Face Lift, Cheek Implants, Sculptra or AFT could be used to help your current cosmetic problem.  Recommend: Cosmetic Surgery Consultation.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon