Fleshy Raised Mole Near Hair Line Which Procedure?

I have a raise mole thats about an inch from my hair line. It's fleshy color around the edges and dark blotchy brown in the middle. It's raise quite a bit and I've had it for 17 years now. It keeps getting bigger as the years go by. My mom is hesitant to let me get it removed due to the possibility of a nasty scar. Which procedure would be best to remove it? Is there usually scaring involved with these kinds of moles? How much would it generally cost? Thanks so much for the help.

Best methods for mole removal

+2

Moles are quickly and easily removed in my office by one of two methods: a shave excision or an excision with suture closure. Facial moles with "fairly small bases" can be easily removed using a shave excision technique that typically results in a minimal scar. With this method, the mole is actually shaved off at a very superficial level just below the surface of the skin. The procedure typically takes less than a minute and is painless after a tiny injection to numb the area. Moles that are removed in this fashion should not recur enough to be bothersome. Moles are also removed by excising a simple ellipse of skin. I then use a "layer closure" using both dissolving and non-dissolving sutures to give the best cosmetic result. The area then typically heals with a small, linear scar that is hardly visible. Depending on the method of removal, the price will range from $150 to $500 plus the cost of the microscopic pathology. I would recommend having this treatment done by a board certified dermatologist, as plastic surgeons rarely do shave excisions.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/general-dermatology/wart-removal/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Mole removal scars are usually minimal.

+1

Moles are removed easily and almost painlessly.  Some are shaved flat for roughly $175-250 and others are excised and sutured with tiny sutures for roughly $350.  The scars are very minimal and can also be dermabraded if necessary.  sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://www.drdavidhansen.com/mole-removal/index.php

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon