A fleshy hard lump inside my nostril after rhinoplasty, is this normal? (photo)

I am 8 days post-op and had closed rhinoplasty. I had my cast taken off yesterday and was really happy with the result, however I have a cold so I am still very stuffy. Today as I was cleaning my nostrils and I had a flashlight so I put the light on and checked my nostril and noticed quite a large reddish hard lump in my left nostril. I'm getting really worried. Please help. Thank you

A fleshy hard lump inside my nostril after rhinoplasty, is this normal?

+1
This is a suture granuloma that can be treated very easily by your surgeon. Best to be seen ASAP... //

Lump inside nose after rhinoplasty is normal scar/swelling.

+1
Your surgeon made incisions inside the nose, and it is very common for one side to have more swelling than the other. This is causing the visible "lump" your "cleaning" has uncovered. I do not recommend my patients stick anything like Q-tips or fingers inside their healing noses after rhinoplasty, but you should ask your surgeon.

This is normal and nothing to be worried about. Ask your surgeon and s/he will explain the same thing. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon