What is This Flesh Colored Bump on my Nose (not a Pimple), and is It Removable? (photo)

I have had this growth at the top of my nose for as long as I can remember. I have no idea what it is, or what caused it. It's always made me feel very self conscious. I would like to know what it is, and how I can get it removed. Thank you for your help.

Facial Moles (Beauty Marks, Birth Marks) May Be Removed With Scalpel Sculpting Followed By Dermaplaning

+1

Although from the picture provided the growth appears most likely to be a mole (beauty mark),  direct examination by a board certified dermatologist using both magnification and a dermatoscope (a hand-held microscope) is essential for more accurately evaluating and clinically assessing any growth. In some cases a biopsy is necessary to confirm the diagnosis.

Although removing moles by any method from the face is likely to leave a small scar, scalpel sculpting, which involves no deep cutting or stitches has, in my experience, proven quite successful for achieving gratifying aesthetic results while leaving little, or often barely perceptible, scars.

The technique, which I have been using for thirty years, involves "scultping the mole" off from the surrounding skin in a tangential fashion (i.e. not cutting deeply into the skin). Deep cutting will inevitably result in a scar, while superficial (horizontal) removal in this fashion largely avoids this. Elliptical and fusiform simply describe the resulting shape of a wound excision after cutting them out deeply and before the placement of the sutures.

Following scalpel sculpting, the borders of the mole can then be smoothed and blended with the surrounding normal skin by "dermaplaning," a technique by which the edge of the scalpel is used to delicately abrade the skin. Properly done, the entire procedure, performed under local anesthesia, takes no more than three to five minutes.  In most cases, the procedure is done at the time of the consultation. 

Web reference: http://YoungerLookingWithoutSurgery.com

Mole removal

+1

I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist for an evaluation and possible biopsy. 

Flesh colored bump

+1

This is most likely a benign nevus of some kind. Most sites like this aren't dangerous, especially if they've been there since you were young. It's more the moles, marks, and spots that we develop as we age that are of higher cause for concern. However, if you don't like the mole, it can easily be removed with a shave biopsy and can be sent to a lab just to confirm it's benign. It's probably going to be a couple hundred dollars to have it removed, depending on where you live.

Flesh colored bumps on the nose are easily removed.

+1

The flesh colored bump can be shaved flat easily and painlessly with almost no trace of it afterwards. It will run about $250 and look fabulous. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://www.drdavidhansen.com

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

How to remove a flesh colored bump on the nose

+1

There are many causes for growths such as yours and fortunately most of them are benign. It would be best to be examined by a dermatologist. Usually this type of growth can be easily removed by one of two methods. One is a "shave excision" where the growth is actually "shaved off" at a level just below the surface of the skin. The other is an excision with suture closure which uses both dissolving and non-dissolving sutures to give the best cosmetic result. Dermatologic surgeons, not plastic surgeons, typically do both procedures expertly and can decide which would be best for your particular growth.

You can follow the video link below to learn more about identifying the changes in growths that are suspicious for skin cancer.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/general-dermatology/skin-cancer/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Removal of a lesion on the nose

+1

Please see a plastic surgeon in your area for an evaluation.  That lesion can be removed without much difficulty.  While long standing lesions are usually benign they should all be sent to pathology for a check.