Is it possible for me to have a flatter and smaller nose? (photo)

I am really unhappy with my nose. I really don't like my nose bridge, it's too high, I think. And I think my nose tip is too long. Is it possible to get a nose job that make my nose flatter and smaller? This picture shows my nose and how I want my nose to be. I want my nose like the red lines, or similar. Is that possible?

Rhinoplasty

+1

Advising you from a drawing is difficult but the short answer is yes.  Visit the american society of plastic surgeons website and find a plastic surgeon in your area that specializes in rhinoplasty surgery.

Rhinoplasty for flatter and smaller nose

+1
Without pictures is very difficult to give an opinion, however shaving down the hump and de-projecting the nose is very common procedure in the field rhinoplasty. Virtual rhinoplasty software is available on our website below in addition to our rhinoplasty photo  gallery to get more information upon what can and cannot be  accomplished with the procedure

Reshaping the nose during rhinoplasty

+1

Reducing the height of your dorsum (bridge) and making your nose flatter and smaller is definitely possible with rhinoplasty.  The extent to which it can be reshaped will be determined by your individual anatomy, including the thickness of your skin and your facial features.

With an experienced rhinoplasty specialist, computer imaging can be helpful to show you graphically what effect those nasal changes will have on your overall appearance, as well as what is technically achievable with surgery.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Possible to have a smaller flatter nose?

+1
Your drawings demonstrate changes there are frequently achieved with an artistically performed rhinoplasty by a plastic surgeon with extensive experience in performing nasal surgery.

Following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on limited line drawings without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon with extensive nasal surgery experience who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Making a Nose Flatter and Smaller

+1

This type of change is done all the time with rhinoplasty surgery. However, without photos and an examination it is difficult to accurately say yes or no in your case. Consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon who has dedicated rhinoplasty experience - they should be able to tell with relative assurance that certain changes can be made to your nose. Wishing you the best of luck.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is it possible for me to have a flatter and smaller nose?

+1
 An exam would be helpful to determine what may be appropriate.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Smaller Nose

+1
An exam is needed to determine exactly what is needed.  Photos would also help.  In general, rhinoplasty surgery will give you a better nose.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that is very experienced in Rhinoplasty surgeries to discuss your concerns and expectations.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD