Will This Flattened Edge Go Away Post Saline Breast Aug?

I am 3 wks post op saline breast aug. unders. From the beginning I have had a flattened inner edge on my lower left breast. My surgeon does not seemed to be concerned and has recommended I press my implant to fill the area to soften it. I am concerned because it doesn't seem to be improving and I'm not sure what is causing it. It feels as though my skin is tight in one spot and is not allowing the implant to round out in that area. What is causing this and can I fix it??

Flattened Edge Post Breast Augmentation

+1

Without photos and physical examination, it is hard to provide you with a diagnosis.

Nonetheless, recovery and final results require time and you will not be able to achieve the end results of your surgery before 6 months.

I encourage you to have a little more patience and to follow your surgeon's instructions as you communicate with him/her; your surgeon knows the full details of your surgery.

Thank you for you inquiry and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Breast Augmentation Recovery

+1

Hello and thank you for the question.

Recovery from breast augmentation takes several months.  Its difficult to make an assessment without seeing photographs or examining you first-hand. Having said that, at 3 weeks post-op you are extremely early in the recovery period.  I would recommend continuing with your prescribed post-operative breast massages, and following up regularly with your surgeon so that he/she may be able to appreciate your progress.

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

3 weeks post- breast augmentation

+1

At three weeks post-breast augmentation it is a bit early to be concerned about the edge of the implants. In time, this may get better.

Flattened edge after augmentation

+1

When you place an implant under the breast, the tissue over it has to stretch out to accommodate the increased size. Some tissue is less elastic and takes longer to stretch out and shape to the underlying implant. You are still very soon after surgery and your tissue has not had a chance to adjust. It will probably be several more months before you have a final result. Massaging your breasts will help speed the process so your surgeon is making the right recommendation for you. So, although it is hard to do, be patient and keep seeing your surgeon and following his or her recommendations. Good luck.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Change in breast shape after augmentation

+1

After breast augmentation surgery, it takes 4-6 months and sometimes linger for the implants to settle. In your case you are still three weeks post op. Messaging the breast is important not only it allows the implants to settle but also reduce the risk of capsule contracture. It is important to communicate your concurs with your plastic surgeon so that he/she can address them.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

“Flat” Breast Contour after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Without direct examination or viewing pictures it is not possible to give you precise advice. However, based on your description it may very well be that with breast implant “settling” you will find that the breast contour will improve (round out). In other words, at three weeks, you are certainly not seeing the final results of the breast augmentation surgery;  it may take several months for the breast implants to fully settle…

I would suggest that you continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon who is in the best position to advise you.