How Can I Flatten out the Depth of a Stretch Mark?

I've used mederma, vitamin C, and olive oil to bring my skin back to a skin like color. How can I flatten out the depth of a stretch mark? I was thinking a chemical peel like a light tca then progressively stronger as needed? What do you guys think? Thanks for your time this is a huge help, I'm not going to do it if it's not going to help or if it will even reverse the pigment I got back if goto deep with the peel.

Flattening Stretch Marks?

+1

Thank you for your question. Depending on the skin laxity, abdominoplasty or tummy tuck can help minimize the amount of stretch marks. Chemical peels may help with the texture of the skin.  I would continue with your skin regimen and also wear sunscreen to prevent sun exposure. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Fraxel can improve the texture of stretch marks

+1

There is no eraser for stretch marks, but their appearance can be improved with lasers. The pulsed dye laser is helpful if the stretch marks are still red. This device targets the red color and will help make the stretch marks more skin-toned. This can be very helpful in people with lighter skin. If the stretch marks are white, the Fraxel laser can be used to improve the texture. Three to five treatments are usually needed to achieve full improvement.

Ramona Behshad, MD
Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon