Is It Possible to Flatten my Earlobes So It Doesnt Stick out ?

there is nothing wrong with my ears its just that my lobules stick out and looks really ugly (kinda looks like butterfly wings) in photos i take so i tend to cover it with headsets :( i have free lobes btw :)

It is possible to make your earlobes stick out less

+1

It depends on what the cause of the earlobe protrusion.  Either it is related directly to the position of your lobe on the ear or to prominence of the "bowl" or concha of your ear.  In either case there is a simple procedure to fix this.  It is done with local anesthesia and does not take that long to do.

Claremont Plastic Surgeon

Earlobe modification

+1

It is possible to modify the size, appearance, and orientation of the earlobes.  It will likely involve a minor outpatient surgical procedure, and follow-up care.   You can discuss the nature of the intervention and what it will involve for you specifically with a local Board-Certified surgeon.  As with any other procedure, obtain the opinion of someone who performs the procedure frequently, and don't hesitate to get more than one opinion.

William Numa, MD, FACS
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Prominent Earlobes Can Be Improved

+1

Although there are no photos to look at, you should be able to have your earlobes improved.  Prominent earlobes are quite common and are routinely done at the time of other facial surgery.  Earlobes can also be treated by themselves.

Randy J. Buckspan, MD

Earlobe treatment

+1

If your earlobes stick out they can be treated to look less prominent.  Best to be seen in person for evaluation.

Earlobe surgery

+1

A picture would be helpful to give you the best advice, but in general, surgery can normally be done on earlobes to improve them.  If it's just an issue with the lobules themselves, it usually only involves surgery on the skin.  If there is an issue higher up on the ear, then surgery on the cartilage may be needed also.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Yes, prominent lobules can be improved. This involves removal of a small amount of skin on the back of the earlobe and potentially pinning a small bit of cartilage back. This can be performed in the office under local anesthesia if you desire. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon