Flat Tummy Up to 6 Months Post TT, Look 4 Months Pregnant a Year After TT. Could It Be Muscle Repair Failure, Or? (photo)

In 2006 I lost 25 lbs, at 220 lbs I had full TT w/muscle repair. (I had 11 kids) Then I lost another 60 lbs and had another baby. After baby I was 10 lbs less than lowest. My tummy was still flat after that pregnancy, but in 2012-2 yrs after baby I decided to have a mini TT to tighten and fix bad scar (PS said no muscle fix needed) I loved the super flat results! Around 6 months post, my stomach ballooned. NO weight gain, no medical reason per gastro, gyno, many tests. Any ideas what it may be?

Tummy tuck after pregnancy

+1

From your front photos, it appears that the outer edge of your rectus forms a "parenthesis" shape.  In addition, there is a midline depression.  Both of these factors suggest that midline muscle repair would have helped you achieve a flatter abdomen.  Doing abdominal and core workouts may help some, but surgical repair would have made the result much better.

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Concern about result

+1

Thank you for posting your history and photos.  Although a physical exam is needed to make any recommendations, perhaps given you history of another pregnancy, you really needed a full muscle plication?  Please followup with your PS to discuss your concerns.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Mini tummy tuck is almost never indicated in women who have been pregnant.

+1

The results of the mini tummy tuck are modest and probably a full tummy tuck with repair of the abdominal wall and removal of all of the excess skin would have been a better choice of operations.