Is it possible to a very flat tummy after a full TT? Do I have too much abdominal fat to achieve a flat tummy? (photo)

I am 5.1; 110 pounds and have 3 kids. . How much do I need to lose weight to have the best result for a TT? upon the pics, do I have too much abdominal fat in order to have a flat tummy? also I have a very low scar fr my csection (1 csection last year). can It be removed? and so many stretch marks on the side and above the belly button, can they be removed? thanks so much.

Tummy tuck

+2
Based on the photos provided you will have excellent results with a tummy tuck procedure.

Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.
When it comes to selection of plastic surgeon, I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Candidate for a Tummy Tuck

+2

I would expect you to have a very nice result. The C-section scar would be removed and replaced with the abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) scar. The excess skin and fat would be removed, and the looseness between the six pack muscles tightened. During pregnancy the abdominal skin gets stretched as does the in-elastic tissue between the "six pack" muscles. Exercise or dieting cannot correct this. Surgery can make a dramatic change. 

At 5'1" and 110 pounds you would not have to loose weight. If you are a smoker it would be very important to quit completely. Make sure to find a board certified plastic surgeon who routinely does tummy tucks.   

William McClure, MD

Is it possible to a very flat tummy after a full TT? Do I have too much abdominal fat to achieve a flat tummy?

+1
It can be possible but you would need a 3 layer muscle closure or even a ACDM mesh placed. But ONMLY IN PERSON examination allows these decisions to be made.. 

+1
A tummy tuck would remove loose skin and could tighten the muscles and give you a very flat nice result.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and body contouring procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Will a tummy tuck achieve a flat stomach?

+1
Actually, I think that at 5'1" and 110 lbs you are at a very good weight to have a tummy tuck.  It does appear that you have a lot of excess skin that will need to be removed.  In addition, your abdominal muscles are stretched out from childbirth.  This will also need to be fixed during the tummy tuck.  Most of your stretch marks will be removed, but some will remain.  However, those will be much less noticeable.  Your C-section scar can also be removed. Good luck. 

Laurence Weider, MD

Tummy tuck

+1
You are an excellent candidate for a extended tummy tuck which will give you the desired flat stomach.

It sounds like you're making a very good life decision to get back to a healthier weight.
Before you embark upon surgery and it's always best to achieve a comfortable weight that you feel you can maintain in your future without starving yourself.

I know many patients who try crash diets, drugs or other fads to lose weight. These are generally prone to failure. The only way to loose weight and keep it off is through diet, exercise, and even sometimes behavior modification. You may wish to consult with your internist or nutritionist to help put you on the right track.

Body mass index charts can tell you where you should be, but getting there is the hard part.

A few things to remember as you bark upon your weight loss program:
True healthy weight loss takes time. Don't rush it.
Rail thin is not always healthy either, seeking a comfortable and healthy weight.
Be sure that you can maintain your weight loss for a number of months prior to surgery to prove that your weight is stable.
Don't embark upon surgery without being stable and without having adequate nutrition or you wont heal well.
Even though you're not at your goal weight yet consult with a plastic surgeon so that you can be followed during the process. It will help to define your goals as you consider your future surgical options.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

A flat tummy is possible after a tummy tuck

+1
Your abdomen and the issues I see appear to be primarily a problem of abdominal wall weakness and excess skin, not primarily fat. Your preop pictures suggest that a full tummy tuck with special attention to tightening the muscle will go a long way towards what you desire.  The stretch marks in the upper abdomen can be hard to remove but they will be relocated to a less visible place in the lower abdomen. I have a patient in my photos who fits your preop pretty well and she looks outstanding. I would hope the same for you.
Dr. Pyle

Jeremy Pyle, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon