Is it possible to have a flat stomach? (Photo)

I am booked in for lipo-abdominoplasty on july 2nd. My surgeon said that I have a severe diastasis and that my intestines are herniating out (not sure if this means a hernia or if these are just words to describe the problem..?). He said I would get a great result but I find it hard to believe. I also worry that my muscles are stretched and thinned beyond repair so it will bulge out anyway..?? I am 5'6" and currently weigh 135lbs, planning to lose another 7 before the op.

Can Severe Diastasis be repaired

+2
This amount of diastasis in my practice is not "severe" but actually well within the norm especially after twins. I'm glad your surgeon is confident that he/she could give you a great result!  Confirm that he/she is a board certified plastic surgeon from the American Board of Plastic Surgery. 

I think however you are correct that this difficult to completely correct if your spine is curved forward pushing out your belly - your back does not seem to have this so I think a great result/significant improvement can be expected!  Best Wishes!!

Tummy Tuck Results

+2
From your photos it appears that you would have a significant improvement with a tummy tuck.  A formal exam is required prior to any actual surgical intervention by a board certified plastic surgeon.  If your bulge that is evident on the photo is just a result of a diastasis then you should have a flattened appearance.  If there is a hernia, then that would need to be repaired possibly with the assistance of a general surgeon.  Good luck, 

Gaurav Bhart

Gaurav Bharti, MD
Johnson City Plastic Surgeon

Flat stomach

+2
Hi Dear :

It is easier to talk about this If we can see you and touch the diastasis, but by pictures I can tell you that you have high probabilities of en with a flat stomach. Good Luck. 

Dr Silvia Avil├ęs 
Dominican Certified Plastic Surgeon 

Silvia Aviles Terrero, MD

Is it possible to have a flat stomach?

+1
A tummy tuck will likely give a very nice improvement.

Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tucks each year, has great reviews, and has great before and after pictures.