Flat and Shapeless Buttocks After Butt Liposuction

When I was 35, I had my butt liposuctioned because it was really big! I wanted to have a smaller yet rounder butt, but the doctor took out way too much fat. Now, my butt area looks flat and shapeless. What can be done for this?

You may benefit from fat injections.

+3

If you still have fat elsewhere, fat injections into the buttocks may be an answer. However, if you have lost a lot of weight, you may not have enough to to plump them back up. In that case perhaps a body lift might help to actually lift the buttocks into a better position. I would not recommend implants into the buttocks.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Fat Injections

+1

Liposuction of the buttocks can be tricky, and should only be performed by an expert and experienced surgeon.  You may be a candidate for fat injections into the buttocks. Consult with 2 -3 experienced board certified plastic surgeons in your area who do this procedure to determine if you are a candidate.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Contouring the butt with liposuction

+1

Liposuction is a safe, popular, and effective way to contour the body. Treating the area of the butt end abdomen is one of the most common applications for liposuction. In our practice, we commonly perform liposuction to the abdomen, hips, lower back and waist. This will improve the appearance all-around the butt itself. Many patients then received the fat grafting of the fat that we collected from the liposuction to the area of the butt. This can create a beautiful round contour.

In your case, for best results be sure that you're working with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has a great deal of experience in liposuction, butt contouring, but augmentation, and Brazilian butt lift surgery.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Butt liposuction very tricky.

+1

Hi.

This is not an uncommon problem that we see after liposuction of the buttocks.  This an area where less is more.  You probably need fat transfer or fat injections.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Flat buttocks after liposuction

+1

One risk of liposuction of the buttocks is that the skin attachments to the undersurface structures of the buttocks can be detached during liposuction and make the buttocks appear flat and saggy. Sometimes this can be corrected with a buttock fat injections to give an improved fullness.

Answer will depend on the composition and position of the tissues

+1

Hi there-

You are not alone. I see many patients who, a few years after liposuction of the buttocks and or thighs, lose some elasticity of the skin and become increasingly unhappy with their shape. What would be most appropriate to consider will depend on exactly what is causing your problem... If it truly is just that you lack volume, but the skin tone is good and there is no appreciable ptosis (sagging) of the buttocks, then a Brazilian Buttock Lift (fat transfer to the buttock are to increase fulness) would be a great option for you.

If, however, there is some loss of skin tone and or sagging of the buttocks, then you would probably be best served by a buttock lift, in which the excess, loose skin is removed and the buttocks lifted to a younger position, with or without placement of fat for more volume. Your best bet is to find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area that performs these procedures and schedule a consultation. After a careful examination, he/she should be able to make a recommendation that will have a good chance of achieving your goals.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Buttock shaping is an art

+1

While it may seem simple to just remove fat and make the bottom smaller, it may result in flattening and sagging if not enough attention is given to shape, which is more important than size much of the time. In fact, I do more fat grafting to lift and shape the bottom than liposuction per se. If you skin tone isn't too lax, then fat grafting may be helpful if it is done right.

Richard Baxter, MD

Fat injection

+1

The best option would be fat injection if you have extra fat in other parts. The other option is implant for the buttock augmentation but there are a lot of complication from the implant. Fat has been uesd for many year for the face,buttock,liposuction depression and breast .

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Fat Grafting may be helpful

+1

FunBabyGirl,

If you too much fat liposuctioned from your buttocks, then fat grafting/transfer may be a good option for you. In this procedure, fat is harvested through liposuction from your thighs or stomach and then processed and injected back into your buttocks. This is an outpatient procedure and can give a very nice result. Results would depend on the quality of your remaining fat and tissue.

David Shafer, MD

It depends on how much volume is needed to correct the problem.

+1

If your body has enough excess fat, then that can be used to fill out the flat area. But if the volume needed is too great then you would need an implant.