Flat Ridge on Side of Breast? (photo)

I'm almost 2 years post op. I've noticed for quite some time that my breasts are uneven. One of them has a flat ridge on the side (left one in photo, my right), unlike the other one which is rounded. My nipple also seems to be in a strange position. The one without the flat ridge feels tighter. I was just wondering what the cause of this might be and what can be done to fix it. Is it possible that wearing push up bras too often has caused the shape? I have silicone unders btw.

Asymmetry 2 years post-op?

+2

Dear Doco,

Thanks for your question and photos.

I see the area of flatness on your right breast on the lower outside aspect as well as your nipple is higher and more lateral (toward the outside).  Assuming this has been a change over the last 2 years and they were symmetrical post-op, then may have a little internal scarring causing this, otherwise known as capsular contraction.  This is not caused by wearing push-up bras, but unfortunately happens in about 2% of women per year who have breast implants.  A visit to your plastic surgeon sharing these concerns would be prudent as a capsule release may correct some of these issues.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Flat Ridge on Side of Breast? (photo)

+1

Appears as a very slight asymmetry. Either leave as is or could try fat grafting to even out. As for N/A location I bet the pre op photos demonstrated asymmetry! 

Flat Ridge on Side of Breast?

+1

I am having trouble identifying the area that disturbs you on these photos. If it is too subtle to see on photos, it does not mean that there isn't an issue, but it does mean that an in person exam may be the only way to get advice. A visit to your surgeon seems the best way to get answers to your questions. 

All the best.