Flat Red Scars from Natural Mole Removal (Dermatend)?

In March of 2010 I used a natural mole remover called Dermatend. I used it on three moles on my leg.Ten months later and I am STILL left with three noticeable, flat, red scars. I have spent countless hours searching for a way to get rid of these unsightly marks and have not found anything helpful. I tried to figure out what type of scar these are,but there is not much info on scars from natural mole removal.I also read about the pulsed dye laser but I don't think it works on atrophic red scars.

Redness can last several months to years

Fortunately redness in a healing scar tends to fade over time. There are some lasers which can help to improve that healing time. I would talk with a dermatologist or plastic surgeon who specializes in laser treatments to see if they are right for you.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Redness in scars usually fades with time

Redness in scars usually fades with time. Some patients prefer to be proactive and laser therapy may be successful.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist