Flat Red Scars from Natural Mole Removal (Dermatend)?

In March of 2010 I used a natural mole remover called Dermatend. I used it on three moles on my leg.Ten months later and I am STILL left with three noticeable, flat, red scars. I have spent countless hours searching for a way to get rid of these unsightly marks and have not found anything helpful. I tried to figure out what type of scar these are,but there is not much info on scars from natural mole removal.I also read about the pulsed dye laser but I don't think it works on atrophic red scars.

Redness can last several months to years

+1

Fortunately redness in a healing scar tends to fade over time. There are some lasers which can help to improve that healing time. I would talk with a dermatologist or plastic surgeon who specializes in laser treatments to see if they are right for you.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Redness in scars usually fades with time

+1

Redness in scars usually fades with time. Some patients prefer to be proactive and laser therapy may be successful.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist