Flat Nose with Wide Nostrils - Cost to Fix?

I am asian and have a flat nose. There is barely a nasal bone for me. Plus, the tip of my nose is not sharp at all. My profile is like a bent nose. Like a dent in the middle. My nostrils are wide too, it just looked very round. What will surgeons do to noses like this? And what is the approx. cost for the procedures done to get the perfect nose?

Cost of rhinoplasty for flat nose w/wide nostrils

+1

The approximate cost for an Asian rhinoplasty is about $6000, which includes the operating room, anesthesia, and the surgeon’s fee for performing the procedure. A flat nose is built up with a silastic implant. The size is determined at the time of consultation. Wide nostrils are narrowed through an alar plasty. Tip surgery can be performed to feminize and refine the tip. Look for a rhinoplasty surgeon who has performed thousands of nasal surgeries.  

Rhinoplasty Cost for Flat Nose or Wide nostrils

+1

Hi Singapore3683,

Rhinoplasty is not one operation, but rather many potential procedures to improve the appearance and function of the face and nose. The cost of plastic surgery varies greatly, but it's usually similar for plastic surgeons in your area. Portions of plastic surgery may also be covered by your insurance provider. The cost of cosmetic surgery involves several charges for the entire service. The total fees may also include cost of surgical supplies, laboratory tests, anesthesia, and hospital operating room charges, in addition to the surgeon's fee for performing the cosmetic surgery.

Plastic surgery cost depends on several factors, but largely dependent on the following:

Region - Beverly Hills rhinoplasty more expensive than rural Midwest

Complexity - Full rhinoplasty treating many parts of the nose and requiring anesthesia is more expensive than simple procedures isolated to specific areas which may be performed with local anesthesia

Revision surgery - Revision plastic surgery is generally more expensive than primary surgery

Surgeon - Some plastic surgeons charge significantly more or less than their peers 

For Asian patients, rhinoplasty may involve building the bridge with an implant (cartilage, silicone, etc), narrowing the nostrils, and refining the tip. Only after a comprehensive evaluation can a rhinoplasty surgeon help determine appropriate options for you, and also determine potential cost. Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

The fee for rhinoplasty varies around the country it can be as low as $5000 and as high as $15,000-$20,000.  The things that you desire can certainly be corrected during rhinoplasty.

+1

Great description of your perspective of your nose, but a photo would have been better. The range in fees could be from $8,000 to $15,000 depending on which form of reconstruction is used. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski

Asian- Ethnic Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

What you are seeking is an Asian - Ethnic Rhinoplasty. Typically the bridge is augmented with silicone, gortex, cartilage or other implant material. The the tip is reshaped with cartilage grafts and support. This corrects the flat bridge and bulbous tip. The cost for this procedure varies from $5500 to $15000 depending on where you have it done. My website below focuses on ethnic rhinoplasty.

Dr.Slupchynskyj

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS