Excision of Flat Mole

So I had a dark brown raised mole in the center of my nose, and had it removed 3 years ago and it grew back slightly lighter and flat and I hate it just as much... so I want to get an excision done I just have a few questions:

1. How bad do you think the scarring will be due to the location of the mole (It's a pretty small mole)?
  2. Do they inject you with anything or put you on anything?
  3. Do you think it's a good idea due to the conditions of it? 

Mole excision

+1

Hi Jess! It's hard to tell without performing a physical exam, but let me try to answer your questions:

1. In general, small excisions on the nose heal well. Yes, there is a scar, but with good surgical technique and good healing power (that is, if you eat your wheaties) the scar can be kept nearly imperceptable.

2. You would get local anesthesia, just like the dentist gives you. A short sting, then total numbness.

3. This question can only be answered after a physical exam.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Dr. Singer

Scar after mole removal should be OK.

+1

Hi.

This is really hard to judge without examining you, but you say the mole is small.  It needs to be completely removed, and scars on the nose usually heal well. There are steps that can be taken during surgery and after surgery to minimize the scar.  But of course it won't be invisible.