Best Way to Get These Flat Facial Moles Removed? (photo)

I have had these forever on my cheek, enough is enough. I went to a consultation a few years ago and the dermatologist said they would scar on removal, but now I am tired of them and want to minimize the damage. Looking for a good dermatologist in Northeast Ohio, cost is not an issue. Thanks!

Hi There,

Here is a link to the board certified doctors in your area who are qualified to perform Mole Removals.

Hopefully this helps!

Best way to remove a flat mole

+2

In this case I think that an excision would be excessive. A shave biopsy where the site is injected with lidocaine, and a small scalpel is used to just remove the mole itself, is the best solution. With proper postcare you will be left with minimal marks and no linear scarring. I do shave removals like this everyday, very easily. It should cost you about $300 for all three sites, in my opinion.

Mole removal

+1

If the moles are flat and not raised, then the only way to remove them is with complete surgical excision.  Please keep in mind that with any procedure that you do, there will be scarring.  

Sam Naficy, MD

Best way to remove facial moles

+1

Depending on their size and location, facial moles can be easily removed by one of two methods. One is a "shave excision" where the mole is actually "shaved off" at a level just below the surface of the skin. The other is an excision with suture closure which uses both dissolving and non-dissolving sutures to give the best cosmetic result. Dermatologic surgeons typically do both procedures expertly and can decide which would be best for your particular mole. All methods of surgery will leave a scar but the trick is to minimize the scar using the proper technique.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Removal of flat facial moles

+1

I would say that the best way to remove flat moles on the face is to surgically excise them.  In essence, you would be trading off the mole for a linear scar, but if it is done well, the scar should be less noticeable than the mole.  I would seek out a physician who has surgical experience on the face to get the best result.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon