Flat Belly Button, Skin Discolouration/breakdown 7 Months Post Tummy Tuck, What Can I Do? (photo)

7 months ago I had a full tummy tuck, muscle repair and hernia repair. recovery was uneventful. at my follow-up last week my doctor expressed concern about my belly button, it is flat (that was anticipated) but also lumpy and discoloured, outside of the scar, he said the skin is paper thin, there is no fat under it and it is being worn down rubbing directly against the fascia. because i am so thin, and the poor quality of my skin. what can be done about it?

Then skin and poor umbilical shape

+1

The biggest problem is that you do not have any depth to the umbilical stalk because you are so thin.  A revision is possible to make the stalk of the umbilicus shorter and tr to get the edges to invert.  

Tummy tuck belly button can be improved.

+1

Hi.

From the pictures you posted, it looks like there may be some thick scarring around the belly button which can be revised.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)