I Have a Flat Looking Asian Nose Bridge and Tip! Am I a Good Candidate for Non Surgical Augmentation Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I hate the appearance of my side profile because of my low nose bridge and tip! Is there a way for me to heighten with injectable fillers? I am looking for a natural looking solution. How much does it cost and with how many treatments? If injectable fillers are not effective, I'd like to know any natural-looking alternatives!

Fillers for rhinplasty

+1

I don't believe you are a good candidate for non surgical rhinoplasty (frankly very few people are). You would likely benefit from an open rhinoplasty, and I am willing to bet that in order to achieve the results you want a rib graft would be required. Any planned surgery should be preceded by an in depth consult with an experienced surgeon.

Injectable fillers are limited in duration and degree of change compared with surgery

+1

4 main problems with injectable fillers for nasal reshaping: 1.  The effects are temporary requiring repeated treatments.   2.  Risk of filler material extending to areas not intended to be augmented--for example injection on the dorsum poses the risk of the filler spreading down the side wall of the nose and creating undesired width.  3.  Risk of complication such as vascular occlusion and skin necrosis--this is a small risk but nonetheless is possible.  This risk increases significantly in a nose which previously received surgery.  4.  Limitation of the degree of change.  For more than a couple millimeters of change, a sturdier material (i.e. cartilage) must be utilized with a rhinoplasty procedure.  Bottom line.... fillers may be OK for small, localized areas of depression on the nose for short term gain, but augmentation rhinoplasty with cartilage grafts is the gold standard for effectiveness and durability.  Please refer to my video link about my approach to Asian rhinoplasty.

David W. Kim, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

I Have a Flat Looking Asian Nose Bridge and Tip! Am I a Good Candidate for Non Surgical Augmentation Rhinoplasty?

+1

Fillers like Radiesse are a good alternative to rhinoplasty if you desire a conservative natural result. The nasal bridge could be augmented with one injection and your tip could get some additional projection. The results should last you a couple of years and it could be repeated. 

Farhad Rafizadeh, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Soft tissue fillers are a good way to see if you would like the permanent changes that can be accomplished with a rhinoplasty

+1

Soft tissue fillers are a good way to see if you would like the permanent changes that can be accomplished with a rhinoplasty.  Only use a HA product like Juvederm or Restylane do not use a product like Radiesse for this purpose.  

Nonsurgical Asian rhinoplasty

+1

Based on your pictures, you could achieve a fairly dramatic change in the appearance of your nose with a nonsurgical rhinoplasty.  It could raise the height of your bridge, make it appear more narrow from the front, and create a more refined and projected tip.  This is a good option to try temporarily, but if you want a permanent solution then surgical rhinoplasty using your own tissue is the best option.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

+1

That is probably too much to ask of fillers.  Your tip can be made smaller, your alar base reduced, and your dorsal height increased through a closed rhinoplasty approach.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Non-surgical rhinoplasty

+1

In general, I do not recommend non-surgical rhinoplasty. It is only a temporary improvement for minor issues.  If you need dorsal augmentation you most likely will need rib graft. Modifications of the tip and alar base will require other surgical interventions as well.

The bridge of the nose can be raised with fillers (non-surgical rhinoplasty) but be very careful with the tip

+1

The best and safest place to use fillers in the nose for a "non-surgical" rhinoplasty is in the tip of the nose. The skin is thick and there are no major blood vessels that could cause problems. As you get lower in the nose, the potential for problems get greater. For the tip, nothing beats a surgical rhinoplasty to enhance the shape of an Asian nose with grafts of your own cartilage.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty

+1

Non-surgical rhinoplasty can generally enhance a flat bridge and tip; however, it will not narrow your nostrils or thin your nasal tip.  Hyaluronic acids are generally preferred if you seek the non-surgical route.  There are complications that can occur if you do not go to an experienced injector who routinely does Asian noses.Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Non-surgical rhinoplasty

+1

Your bridge can be built up with hyaluronic injectables such as Restylane or Juvederm. I prefer to stay away from Radiesse or other types of fillers due to the residue they leave behind and the potential increased difficulty of future surgery. For the tip, you can get a limited improvement in the shape and projection. If your nasal tip cartilages are firm, then it's more likely to support fillers in the tip.

Charles S. Lee, MD, FACS