Are "Flaring Nostrils" Post Rhinoplasty dangerous?

I am four days post rhinoplasty. I am a very fidgety person and I can't help flaring my nostrils and poking the tip of my nose (i still have a splint on) since my nose feels so stuffy and itchy. I didn't think i was doing damage, but while researching i found out the dangers of moving your nose before the cartilage has completely set in and "hardened". I get my splint off in a couple days, but i'm really nervous that i've ruined my nose! thank you in advanced for all your advice.

Fidgety

+1
Keep your fingers out of your nose. You have gone to a lot of effort and expense to do something nice for yourself. Don't sabotage your own happiness. Follow your surgeon's instructions to the letter and don't self improvise.

West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Unlikely, but follow up with your surgeon

+1

This is unlikely to be a problem, so I wouldn't worry too much.  However, be sure to discuss this with your surgeon.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Poking and prodding your nose days after a rhinoplasty not advisable

+1

You should refrain from manipulating and poking your nose so early after a rhinoplasty as this can potentially impact your results depending how aggressive you are. That includes introducing objects inside your nose. As regards the flaring of you nostril, it is unlikely that any damage has been done.

Chill!

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Flaring nostrils and pushing tip

+1

You should refrain from excessive manipulation of the nose until it has healed adequately.  That said, it is unlikely that you have altered the result.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Nostrils

+1

You are unlikely to have done any harm with flaring your nostrils. However pulling down on the tip may be an issue. A lot of surgeons depend on healing to stabilize the tip position

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Messing with your new nose

+1

Fidgety or not, leave your nose alone!  It's actually difficult to mess it up by poking at it or manipulating your nostrils but it can be accomplished if you try hard enough.  Exercise some patients.

Talmage J. Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD