Can my Flared Nostrils and Undefined Tip Be Improved?

My nose is ethnic with flared nostrils and undefined tip, similar to actress Raven Symone. I searched many rhino photos but I haven't been able to find one with a similar nose. I don't know how my nose could be improved and what it could potentially look like after surgery. Without a mental image I am afraid the ending result will be something I do not like. I dislike how my nose looks when I smile, and I think it's also a bit too big for my face. Any suggestions would be so very appreciated.

Flared nostrils and considering rhinoplasty

+1

Your particular question is difficult to address over the internet, so I would recommend a face-to-face consultation with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. Rhinoplasty philosophies vary widely among surgeons, so make sure to select a surgeon who has a philosophy that is in line with what you hope to achieve.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty to address nostrils and tip

+1

Yes, rhinoplasty can be done to improve your nostrils and tip.  A combination of cartilage resection and cartilage grafts can be used to achieve contour changes in your tip and your nostrils, respectively.  Good luck with your procedure.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Rhinoplasty for Flared Nostrils and Undefined Nasal Tip

+1

Hi P,

You should consult with rhinoplasty surgeons.  You are fortunate that there are many very good nasal surgeons in Chicago.  A properly performed rhinoplasty will achieve your goals.  Realistic computer imaging and communication with your surgeon should give you a good idea of what to expect.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Ethnic rhinoplasty

+1

Rhinoplasty surgery can correct the specific features you wish to improve about your nose, addressing only the tip and nostril flare. Consult with an experienced surgeon who can guide you through what is and is not possible to achieve the appearance you desire.

Nasal Tip Improvement

+1

Your tip will be made smaller and more refined during rhinoplasty surgery. You will never find a nose exactly like yours; in 35 years i've never done two noses precisely the same. Have consutations to describe your expectations and see pictures of noses that demonstrate what can be achieved.

Tip rhinoplasty

+1

Treatment of the nasal tip and flaring can certainly be performed during a rhinoplasty and give you the improvement that you desire.

How a nose can look after rhinoplasty

+1

The potential for rhinoplasty is infinite, just as the many nasal shapes you have discovered through photographs. The fact that you have difficulty finding a nose just like yours is not uncommon as facial features have similarity though unique characteristics that make us recognizable for who we are. Having a correct mental image before a rhinoplasty procedure is very important to you and your surgeon. The nostril may be flared, though how much, and how much can be reduced, and how will this affect the tip? The questions and uncertainty can seem endless. A next step which might help you is computer imaging or simulation to approximate the changes which can realistically be made. This will help you see or trial a result, and give your surgeon an opportunity to know just what you like and expect.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/rhinoplasty

Flared Nostrils and Undefined Tip Be Improved

+1

Thanks for the question and WOW the # of photos -GREAT JOB! Over the internet is not the appropriate forum vs seeing a boarded surgeon in person to discuss your nasal concerns.