Can a Flared Nostril Be Fixed with Minor Surgery?

I had rhinoplasty done twice, mostly for breathing issues. The last one left my nose flaring outward and a little wide. When I went back to my doctor he said I missed my after after check up appointment, and he didn't know how to fix the flare. To change the look of the nose i would have to pay for it. I had another consultation with with a different doctor and he said he could do it but the changes wouldnt be drastically different.$7,000 I don't have a lot of money. Can I fix just the tip?

Flared nostrils after nasal surgery

+1
Not all flared nostrils are caused by the same anatomic components. In some patients flared nostrils can be corrected with minor surgery. But if the flaring has occurred after your first surgery, it could be due to removal too much cartilage from your tip, causing loss of tip projection. A thorough examination and review of your prior surgery records, including photos is very important.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty for nostril flare or prominent nostrils

+1

Minor corrections to the nose should be performed with caution as the different parts of the nose are interrelated and changes in one element may make others more noticeable.  Nostril flare is often an isolated problem that can be corrected without full rhinoplasty. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Revision of Flared Nostril

+1

Reduction of a flared nostril can be achieved with a minor procedure in some patients. Pictures would be very helpful if you would like us to make recommendations.