Flared Nostrils After Rhinoplasty- Is It Swelling?

I had Rhinoplasty 3 weeks ago to remove the droopiness, remove the hump, and push back the tip, i find my nostrils are flares out more than they did before and I was wondering how much of that is related to swelling. I am worried my nostrils flared out now because the tip was pushed back. Thank you

+1

While the shape, of the nose, can be altered by post op swelling after a Rhinoplasty, flared nostrils are not an area effected by this swelling IMHO.  This is more likely caused by manipulation of the tip cartilages and is something that you should discuss with your Rhinoplasty Surgeon.  

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Flared Nosrils after Rhinoplasty

+1

As you suggest, the flared nostrils may be secondary to swelling just 3 weeks after your rhinoplasty. We don't know what was done during your operation and without pictures, don't know what you look like. Wait several months to see the changes that occur during the healing process.

Flared nostrils after rhinoplasty

+1

Three weeks is way too early to evaluate your results.  Swelling can persist for a few months so there is no need for panic.  Give the results a chance to mature and plan on final evaluation after about 8 weeks with any needed revisions deferred for at least 6 months.

Wide nostrils

+1

If your tip projection was set back you will get some flaring of the nostrils. It's to early to tell how much versus the swelling though. If necessary nostril reduction can be done in 6-9 months as a minor touch up procedure.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nostril flare after rhinoplasty

+1

It makes sense that as the tip projection is reduced during rhinoplasty that the nostril will tend to flare. It may not be swelling and a Weir procedure may be helpful to clean up your result. Wait a good while before deciding.

peterejohnsonmd.com

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/rhinoplasty