Opinions On Flap Rotation To Elevate Hairline, and Horizontal Skin Pleats from Temple into Eye Area?

Had bad FL 1 yr ago.I have no sideburns,elevated hairline+ horizontal pleats on temples from hairline into eyes.After much research,I propose to proceed with a flap rotation procedure to lower hairline+correct pleats.Only found 2 surgeons in 2 countries who can do this.Would appreciate views on the effectiveness +feasibility of this.One vertical incision up from top of ear + 1 horizontal across temple area.Not considering HT due to baldness on back of head from same bad FL.

Hairline Repositioning after Facelift Surgery

+1

I'm sorry you did not maintain normal hair distribution after your facewlift surgery. As Dr. Mayer said, this type of reconstruction is very difficult. You need careful evaluation to determine what should be done - whether it is our Fleming/Mayer flap, other flaps,  or expansion followed by repositioning of the hairlines and elimination of the forehead crease.

Hair loss after facelift

+1

Without photos or a face to face examination it is impossible to say what your options are. I do not know what kind of facelift you had but losing hair on the back of your head from a facelift is something I do not think I could do even if I tried to. If the hairloss is in the temple and behind the ear as in the referenced web page that is easier to treat and a more common problem. I am not sure the flap rotations you describe will end up giving you a natural look with hair growing in the appropriate direction. The flap procedure is not that complex so if you only found 2 surgeons willing to do it worlwide I suspect it may not be the operation of choice.

If you have diffuse thinning of your scalp hair instead of the usual male pattern baldness you should not have a flap or hairgrafting from the scalp. In that case the only option would be grafting of non-scalp hair. You may have to treat this in stages getting rid of the pleats your describe first before addressing the hair loss issue.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

+1

Contact Dr Kabacker in the San Francisco area who was one of the pioneers performing Juri hair flaps here in the US.  

Hairline lowering and/or Fleming-Mayer Flap for hairline reconstruction.

+1

Hairline lowering and/or Fleming-Mayer Flap for hairline reconstruction is an advanced technique and should be done by a surgeon with a great deal of experience doing this. We wrote the textbook on this subject about 25 years  ago. We developed the Irregular Trichophytic Hairline Forehead lift to avoid the problems you currently have. I need to see photos of your face with the hair pulled away from the hairline to tell you how rto proceed.

Salvage bad facelift result in balding male

+1

Without being able to examine you or see pictures, it would be hard for any of us to give you advice. If you have found surgeons who are confident they can improve your condition (after in person examination) and you have realistic expectations, perhaps you should proceed. Your quest for further opinions certainly seems justified. I would suggest that you resubmit this question with illustrative photos.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Gee I hope you are properly trained in cosmetic surgery and hair grafting.

+1

Dream on

When you are having a hard time finding surgeons to sign on to a particular project, this should tell you something.  As a sometimes tell patients who are looking for a particular and ill thought out surgical procedure:  "I am certain that someone will do this for you."  The real issue is will it be the right thing.  First I am very sorry you have been so damaged by your facelift.  There is only so much hair on the top of the head.  The surgery you are planning may only serve to make an issue elsewhere on your scalp.  If you hare having so much difficulty with hair coverage that micrografting is not an option, I think it is very likely that you will also be disappointed with the flap surgery you are planning.  Please be careful.