Flanks Are Still Big 2 Weeks After Surgery

had mommy makeover 2 weeks ago,with lipo, feel bigger on my flanks than I did before surgery. when will swelling go down?

Mommy Makeover

+1

Swelling can last for 3-4 weeks.  Be patient. Thank you for your question and good luck with everything.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

2 weeks post op tummy tuck surgery

+1

Since you are only 2 weeks post op surgery, having swelling aftertummy tuck and liposuction surgery is very normal.  It can take months for the swelling to subside and for the skin to retract.  Please continue with close follow up visits with your surgeon and allow your body to heal and the swelling to decrease.  Look forward 3-6 months from now - that is a good time to start seeing the results of your procedure.

Best Wishes!

Swelling, 2 weeks after mommy makeover

+1

At this time period, it's pretty typical for an area of liposuction (your flanks) to still be pretty swollen.  It will feel very firm.  It usually takes about a 4-5 weeks for the swelling to resolve, and 4-6 months for the skin to shrink up and re-drape in the lipo areas.

Hang in there!

Thomas Fiala, MD

Final result from mommy makeover seen at 3 or 4 months.

+1

Hi.

It is unusual to be bigger than before surgery at two weeks, but at three or four months you will know for sure.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Mommy makeover, swellling

+1

it is normal to have swelling in the flanks 2 weeks after a tummy tuck.  This is much more pronounced if you also had liposuction to the area.   Without lipsuction, 80% of the swelling will be gone in a month.  If you had liposuction, that can take a couple months longer. Compression garments will help alot, but eliminate the swelling.

Gordon Lewis, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

2 weeks post mommy makeover

+1

At 2 weeks, you have a significant amount of swelling still present.   The amount of time necessary for this to fully resolve can be 2-3 months.    I would recommend that you wear the compression garment or binder at all times and followup closely with your surgeon, such that he/she can monitor your progress.

I wish you a safe and healthy recovery.

Paul S. Gill, MD

Swelling in love handle area after mommy makeover

+1

If you had liposuction of your flanks (love handles) with a tummy tuck as part of a mommy makeover, it could take up to 3 or 4 months for the swelling to subside.  The skin will also take several months to shrink and contract, so don't worry if you're still swollen at only two weeks.

Consult with your plastic surgeon if you still have concerns after 3 months.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Patience before final flank result evaluation.

+1

It is normal to have swelling in the area of liposuction for several weeks after surgery.  The areas worked on (and the patients weight) may actually be greater, early after surgery.   This swelling will take up to 2 - 3 months to fully resolve, so be patient as the final result reveals itself.  Continue to follow your surgeons advice to maximize your best result.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD