Flanks Abdomen Lipo 42 Days Ago. Still a Bit Numb at Waist Line. Normal?

Had Flanks and Abdomen Lipo 42 days ago. Had general anesthesia and stitches . I was wearing compression garment and a foam pad for 37 days. I'm Still a bit numb all around my wait line. Is it Normal? I fell that wearing the garment increase my numbness. Is it possible? For the past 5 days I am only sleeping with the garment. Do u have any advice for me?

Numbness around the Waist Line

+1

Seeing as you are only 6 weeks out I would expect there to be a fair amount of sweeling and numbness at this time. The garment will help with the swelling and numbness but only if worn correctly and for the appropriate amount of time. It is better to wear the garment during the day.

Numbness following liposuction

+1

Thank you for the question, It is not uncommon to have numbness after liposuction. It usually improves over time, several months. But, in some occasion the numbness can be permanent. 

Numbness after liposuction

+1
Some numbness after abdominal liposuction can occur and persist. It should gradually resolve. The garment should not increase your numbness unless it is way too tight. My recommendation is to see your plastic surgeon in followup.

Numbness after liposuction

+1

It is quite common to have some numbness after liposuction. It should be resolving by this point. If concerned, talk to your surgeon.

Numbness after Liposuction

+1

depending upon the type of liposuction procedure performed the numbness which is very common can last upto 4-6 months. its less common with Tumescent liposuction and a bit more common with lipo done under general anesthesia. I would follow up with the surgeon and make sure youre healing as predicted and not doing anything to make it worse.

Numbness

+1

It is not unusual to have numbness after surgery. It is most often that the feeling returns in 3-4 months. It can take up to a year. Some patients have permanent numbness. Follow up with your doctor.