Skin Medica TNS Essential Serum - Safe to Use Prior to and Post Chemical Peel?

I'm aware that you're supposed to stop using retinoids during the days leading up to a chemical peel, but am unsure if TNS Essential Serum by Skin Medica is safe to use during the days leading up to a peel, and afterward? Since a lot of doctors seem to sell this skin care line, I thought someone here would likely have an answer to my question. Thanks in advance.

Using skin medica TNS essential serum after or before peels

+2

I would generally advise 1-2 weeks before a peel to stop the Skin Medica product and to restart 1-2 weeks after the peel; it all depends on the strength of the peel planned. Ask your dermatologist for clarification.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

TNS Essential serum use around chemical peel

+2

Of course you need to check with the physician who will be administering the peel, but it should be fine to continue the TNS serum right up until the peel.  You will want to stop the TNS serum after the peel until instructed by your physician, up to 4-6 weeks depending on the depth of the peel.  The reason for this is that the antioxidants in the white half of the serum will be overly strong on the newly peeled skin.

Your doctor may recommend you start on the TNS Recovery Complex (the red colored growth factor portion of the serum) earlier in the recovery period to help support the growth of collagen in the healing skin.  Good luck and best wishes!

Michael Bowman, MD
Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon

TNS Essential Serum

+1

Thank you for your question. I would be sure to go to the same provider selling you the cream and serums and providing the peel.  You should be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist