Is a Mini Tummy Tuck with Muscle Repair and Lipo What I Need to Fix my Weird Looking Stomach?

What Do I Do with my Belly Piercing? 5"4 130 mother to a 1 year old

Muscle plication and it's effect on the tummy.

+1

For many women, the "bulging" of the abdomen is of primary concern. In your particular case, you have minimal excess skin and thus a "full" abdominoplasty is not indicated. In fact, the "mini" tummy tuck may also not be necessary. A rectus muscle plication and liposuction can help with the abdominal bulge and improving the contour of the abdomen without the large scar along the bottom of the abdomen. The plication can often times be done through a smaller incision at the pubis or through the belly button.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Mini tummy with plication

+1

The pictures are hard to intpret but it looks like you do not have a lot of excess skin and also your lower abdomen is somewhat protuberant so I think the mini with plication seems to be the way to go.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Mini tummy tuck and belly piercing?

+1

Your photos are difficult to see if you are pushing your abdomen out and also to assess the quality of your skin.  I would recommend a trainer and advanced workout to see if you can regain some core strength with tightening of the muscles.  If this is unsuccessful, then a mini tummy tuck with muscle repair can address everything below your belly button. It would not address the belly piercing.  However, if you are concerned about the appearance of your upper abdomen too, then a full tummy tuck can be done and the belly piercing can be removed then.

Elisa A. Burgess, MD

Candidate for a full TT...

+1

I think you are a candidate for a full TT, but not because of the extra skin, but because it looks like you need your abdominal wall tightened. However, you also look like have a bit of curve to your lower spine and that can push your tummy out as well even after surgery, so posture is very important as well because no TT can overcome poor posture...

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

On-line recommendations for tummy

+1

are really difficult to provide with an exam.  But you could have either the full tummy tuck or extended tummy tuck, depending on how badly your muscles are pulled apart when you relax your tummy.  Realize you will have to decide on how to best manage your belly button.  You could float it (drop it an inch) and accept the results that comes from that, transpose your belly button where you have a scar around your belly button AND somewhere between your belly button and pubic area, or simply give up your belly button and reconstruct one later.  You will still have a scar above your pubic area but the last option is the safest and allows the maximum skin excision.   The choice is still yours so see a local surgeon about your concerns and choose what is best for you.

Curtis Wong, MD

Best result most likely with a standard abdominoplasty

+1

You would seem to be a candidate for a standard abdominoplasty for correction of the anterior abdominal wall as well as an excision of skin laxity.  

Tummy tuck

+1

Just looking at your photos, you do show some weakness in your abdominal muscles which can be best addressed with a tummy tuck. a mini tummy tuck only treats the lower half of the abdomen, and would not do anything for the upper half. You do show some weakness of your muscles in the upper half. Also with a tummy tuck, more loose skin, and therefore more stretch marks in the lower abdomen may be removed.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Will a mini tummy tuck fix this?

+1

Thanks for your question. You asked "Is a Mini Tummy Tuck with Muscle Repair and Lipo What I Need to Fix my Weird Looking Stomach?"  The answer: No.  To address the issues that concern you: Stretch marks, lower abdominal fullness, and umbilicus-- all these would be easily addressed with a traditional abdominoplasty. It would even fix your "bulge" that you have (have you had any procedures here before, such as liposuction in the past?). Good luck!

Matthew Concannon MD

Matthew Concannon, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Mini-tummy tuck

+1

It is (of course) difficult to tell for sure through these pictures - but it sounds to me that you are well researched about mini-tummy tuck.  Your problems are low on your belly and you would like the muscles tightened.  Liposuction and mini-tummy tuck may be the right option for you.  Unfortunately, you won't be able to change the belly button piercing with this procedure, if that really bothers you - the only thing to do would be to have a small incision there and remove that area (can be done at the same time).  Best of luck!

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Be careful what you ask for in a plastic surgeon's office!

+1

Hi there-

I could not agree more with Dr. Pousti.

It is going to be very difficult to give you a responsible opinion without first examining you...

Mini-Tummy Tucks are (IMO) procedures for which there are VERY few appropriate candidates. Most women just end up looking funny and wishing they had had a more appropriately corrective procedure.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS