How long after having Fraxel 1550 do I need to wait to use a blue light for acne?

Fraxel and other treatments

+1
Fraxel is a great treatment for acne scars, wrinkles, and sun damage.  The recovery from the 1550 is generally a few days to a week.   I would prefer you wait at least a week to have the blue light for acne after Fraxel.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified physician with experience with Fraxel.

Light Treatments

+1
You can do a blue light immediately after your Fraxel treatment. In my office I layer lights on top of lasers all the time especially for my acne prone patients. Lights are very effective on the skin, I have a White light that promotes faster healing time, a Red light that will help with redness and inflammation and a Blue light that will help with breakouts. It is also very effective to alternate the different light sources for faster results. Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see which light is best for you.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon