Large Bump Under Eyebrow? (photo)

Ever since I was born I've had this large bump underneath my eyebrow. It is approx. 2cm x 2cm & is above my right eye. I am able to move it a bit and underneath it I can actually feel the bone which feels normal. With this lump it makes my right eye appear to be smaller. I am sick of going through my life with people asking me if I was okay (being abused) or recently got into a fight. I look as if I have been punched in the eye. Does anyone know what procedure I need to get it remove it?

Large Bump Under Lateral Eyebrow

+2

Hi mj,

You should consult with an oculoplastic surgeon.  Your bump is in the area where your lacrimal gland is located.  It will require specialized surgery to remove your bump.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Bump under brow

+2

This most likely can be removed without any difficulty. However, you should be prepared to answer questions such has it gotten larger, does it cause you any pain, any changes to your vision? While it is most likely a easy to remove skin cyst, ensure your doctor sends it to pathology for complete evaluation.

Wilmington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump next to eye is most likely a dermoid cyst

+2

This is most likely a dermoid cyst.  it can be carefully removed through a blepharoplasty incision and sent for pathological evaluation by a plastic surgeon with craniofacial experience.  This cna be done in the office under local anesthesia or in the operating room depending on surgeon preference.  It must be excised entirely .  never attempt draining.

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Web reference: http://RianMaercksMD.com