Florida Acne Scar Treatment Specialist? - have moderate scarring; some ice pick scars and what I believe to be rolling scars.

I'm located in south Florida and am looking for an experienced plastic surgeon or dermatologist that specializes in procedures to address acne scarring. I have moderate scarring; some ice pick scars and what I believe to be rolling scars. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Acne Scarring for Florida resident

+2

I wouldn't let your choices be completely restricted by location. I would find the right doctor to do it and that person could be near you. I would go to someone that has a large experience with different technniques. I would see if he presents things to you that are just what everybody is doing and not really getting results. Acne scarring is difficult and you need to persevere through the slow improvement. I believe in the multilayered approach to acne scarring and I think it will change the future in acne scar treatment this is often combined with co2 laser resurfacing.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+2

In our office we have a few different options for acne scar suffers. You have a few different options every practice is different so you have to do your homework on who has what you are looking for. VIpeel is good but you might need a few done to get the results you want. Also DOT laser and micro laser peels. You should inform yourself on what would give you the results you are looking for. Read about it on our website.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Acne Scar Treatment Specialist

+1

Thank you for your question. You can contact the AAD (American Academy of Dermatology), ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons), and find out who is in your area.  Be certain your surgeon is Board Certified and has expertise in treating acne and acne scarring. I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Florida Acne Scar Treatment Specialist

+1

You can use the Doctor Finder on RealSelf to find physicians in your area who specialize in what you are seeking. Then I'd suggest making appointments with few of them to discuss your needs and desires for your facial acne scars and go from there.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD