Fixing a Wide Bridge/humped Nose?

I broke my nose when I was a young child, five or six maybe, and it made a huge effect on my nose as I got older. I know that this would take surgery, I'm just afraid it will be too expensive, seeing as how I want to fix TWO things. I'm only 19 and can't afford it right now :\

Rhinoplasty to Decrease Width and Eliminate Hump

+1

The cost of rhinoplasty will vary depending on what is done, your geographic location, and the experience of your surgeon. I strongly advise you not to shop just price; pick  a surgeon who does a lot of rhinoplasty surgery whose results you like.

Nasal surgery to correct deformity

+1

Both the hump deformity and the widened bridge could be addressed by a rhinoplasty at the same time, and even though this was the result of an accident, I think most carriers would consider this as a cosmetic surgery.  It would certainly be appropriate to see a board-certified plastic surgeon or ENT doctor to discuss these options.  If you do have to pay for this yourself; you might see if the doctor has any kind of credit plan he or she participates with or perhaps a family member can help you out.

Can't afford a Rhinoplasty at 19

+1

I can appreciate your desire to have your Rhinoplasty at 19 and if you can afford an experienced Rhinoplasty surgeon you would have the bump removed, the nasal bones broken towards the midline and the nasal tip thinned.  It's not a problem with you waiting until you are able to afford your Rhinoplasty....better to have one right the first time versus saving money and having to have a Revision Rhinoplasty later that's even more expensive.

Web reference: http://www.facebook.com/DrFrancisPalmer

You are a good candidate for the changes you want

+1

Cost is always an issue. You need to be wise about spending money on cosmetic surgery. However, the changes you want, bump gone and nose narrowed are not the most difficult part of rhinoplasty. When I do a "dorsal rhinoplasty" I charge my patients less. The tip is the more difficult, and therefore more expensive part.

Good luck!

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bridge

+1

You need a rhinoplasty in which both issues will be addressed. Sine this was an accident see if your medical insurance will help.

Web reference: http://www.drbray.com

Rhinoplasty

+1

You are becoming an adult now and if this is important to you then you need to make a plan and commitment. Get a consultation (cosmetic consults are often free) and find out what you need and what it will cost. Start saving a little bit each week. Get a part time job to earn money for this. Involve your parents and see if they will help a little. Maybe if they see you working towards this instead of just expecting it or feeling entitled they will be interested in helping you part way. You will appreciate the value of it more if you get it from your own hard work and commitment.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

It appears you would benefit from a rhinoplasty.  Rhinoplasty is a  cosmetic procedure and is not typically covered by insurance.

Web reference: http://www.plasticsurg.org