Fixing Different-sized Nipples

Hi. I recently posted a question about lifting my left breast and reducing the areola size but after receiving some wonderful answers (thank you!!!) I think I may just want to reduce the nipple circumference and avoid a lift. My questions: is my left areola a good candidate to be reduced in circumference to match the right? Can the scar be made inside the diameter of the nipple so it can keep a "soft" edge that it has now? Can this be done under local anesthetic? Thank you so much!

Areola reduction

+1

I would not suggest an incision inside the areola because the scar  tends  to be more noticeable in that location. Yes, the procedure can be done under local anesthesia.

In considering whether to have this procedure done you should be aware of the potential downsides.It is important to know, for example that the areola scar will always be noticeable (some more than others). This may be because the scar heals with too much or too little pigment or because the scar is raised. You should also be aware, that areola reduction surgery does carry other risks such as spreading of the areola, asymmetry, shape irregularity etc. in order to avoid disappointment, it behooves you to be aware of the worse case scenario and, armed with that information decide whether to proceed with the procedure or not.

Reducing areola and nipple circumference without a scar.

+1

Creating a scar inside the areola will likely leave a pale or hypopigmented scar and is generally not advisable.