Fixing Jawline and Cheek Asymmetry with Radiesse

I have a facial asymmetry. The right side of my face is thinner, whereas the left is wider and steeper. Same with the jaws. I look different from different angles and it bothers me a lot. Right cheek sagged and looks small, whereas left is still high.. Surgeon recommended Radiesse. I researched the product and saw pictures of complications here. Scared. I am very allergic too. Would you recommend it? Isnt it too early to use Radiesse for a 30 y.o.?

Radiesse for Jawline and Cheek Asymmetry

+2

Radiesse is an alternative, but I recommend you see a plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon, or oral sugeon specializing in maxillofacial surgery before making any decisions.

Asymetry and radiesse

+2

Daisy, I think that Radiesse would be a safe and simple temporary solution to your needs. You should be able to get some or all of the correction that you want and can then think of whether or not you are interested in something more permanent. Things are evolving in this field so quickly that by the time you decide to have a permanent correction  there may be a solution that is more simple than is surgery and you need not rush into anything right now. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Fixing jawline asymmetry with Radiesse

+2

Typically fillers help soft tissue  volume deficiencies.  Radiesse can indeed provide improvement in you symmetry but the recurring long-term cost for you may be cost-prohibitive.  It appears that your issues are bony and not soft tissue related, and therefore you should consider custom implants with an experienced surgeon as a long-term solution.  I would be happy to discuss further during a comprehensive in-person evaluation.

Thomas T. Le, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Using Radiesse to Treat Facial Asymmetry

+2

Radiesse has given physicians and patients a new dimension in facial contouring by revolumizing the face through a minimally invasive approach. Radiesse injections are well-tolerated by patients. They have a low incidence of side effects and result in high patient satisfaction. 30 years' old is certainly not too early to have this treatment. Allergies are quite rare as Radiesse works by stimulating the production of your own collagen.

Longer lasting fillers such as Radiesse have many advantages over implants. One obvious advantage is that surgery is not required. Another is that you can get either a rapid or a gradual correction depending upon how many syringes you have injected and you can decide as you go exactly how much correction looks good. Also, as your face ages it changes over the years, touch up treatments are constantly being modified to fit the changing face.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse for facial asymmetry.

+2

Your problem seems to be bony and I would not do Radiesse on you. See an experienced surgeon who can see what is best.

Radiesse for facial asymmetry

+2

Radiesse can certainly improve your aymmetry. It is quite safe in good hands but you will need quite a lot of it. At some point facial implants may make more financial sense as they will reduce your need for fillers.

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fixing facial asymmetry with Radiesse

+2

Dear Daisy,

Radiesse is an excellent filler to fix facial asymmetry.  You posted this question previously.  I would like to know what particular aspects of the procedure concern you, just so that I can answer your question in more detail.

If you are so apprehensive about the procedure, don't do it.  Regardless of the results, you need to feel comfortable and at ease about the procedure prior to doing it.  Certainly Radiesse is a much less painful and expensive and extreme procedure than plastic surgery.  And it is also dissolves in one year if you are not thrilled with the results.

Make sure you find a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with training and experience in injecting Radiesse. Also consider that we are all asymmetrical.  No one's one side looks like the other.  However, that being said, if the asymmetry is of new onset or progressing, you need to be evaluated by a dermatologist.

Please let us know what particular concerns we can further address.

Emily Altman, MD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Facial asymmetry

+2

With facial asymetry you need to be evaluated by a maxillo-facial surgeon and a plastic surgeon.

Frm the pictures the asymmetry seems to be boney. After full evaluation then they can discuss the options available to improve on the asymmetry.

Facial asymmetry Radiesse, fat injections, Sculptra or surgery

+1

Your facial asymmetry could be improved with the use of Radiesse, or Sculptra or fat injections.  All of these would take multiple treatments usually.  You should see an oral maxillofacial surgeon to evaluate what surgical options there are if this is mostly a bony asymmetry.  Over the years, the costs of fillers would add up considerably.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Radiesse for cheeks

+1

Radiesse is an excellent filler choice for augmentation of the cheeks and jaw. That being said, I only use it in patients who will truly benefit from this procedure. If there is a great deal of deficiency in the cheeks or jaw, then I will recommend a surgical alternative. But for those patients who have a little asymmetry or don't need a surgical augmentation, Radiesse is an excellent product. Since I select my patients very carefully for Radiesse, my patients are generally very pleased with the results. Good luck!

Ryan Greene, MD, PhD
Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon