Fixing a Dent in Nostril After Rhinoplasty?

I had Rhinoplasty a couple years ago and since then Ive had a small dent on the side of my right nostril where i suppose there is now a lack of tissue. I don't know how or why this happened but I would possibly like to have a revision surgery to have it fixed in the future. But I'm obviously a bit scared and hesitant. My main concern is how would a dr performing surgery be able to tell exactly where there's a lack of tissue and exactly how much tissue is lacking without over/under correction?

Dent in Nostril after Rhinoplasty

+2

A good rhinoplasty surgeon will know what is causing the dent and what tissue will be necessary to repair the defect. That surgeon will describe treatment alternatives before you make a decision.

Indentation of the nostril after rhinoplasty

+1

Correction of contour deformities or indentations after rhinoplasty is feasible by a number of different methods. Consultation with a plastic surgeon including a comprehensive physical evaluation would allow the surgeon to evaluate you and elaborate on your options.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Repair of Collapse of External Nasal Valve (Nostril)

+1

Hi CC,

Consult with a rhinoplasty surgeon for exam, diagnosis, and a treatment plan to improve your nostril and breathing.  The area can be permanently repaired with a struct placed in the proper place, or temporary fillers may be used.  Make sure that you choose your revision rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Dent in nose after rhinoplasty.

+1

An experienced rhinoplasty surgeon will know how much tissue is needed and where to put it. If you have to tell him his job, you are in the wrong place.

A dent in your nostril after Rhinoplasty Surgery may be improved by an Injectable Filler treatment.

+1

If you have a mild asymmetry in your tip and nostril after Rhinoplasty Surgery, you may consider a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty procedure instead of another surgery. I prefer Silikon-1000 for permanent results.

Feel free to email your photo, along with a description, and I'll be happy to share my thoughts with you.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon